Slazenger VIP Masters?

Malware

Reaction score
Hi everyone, first post and new to golf but loving it!
I just inherited a set from my Father in Law, he was an avid golfer back in the day, just wondering about the worth of the set and its quality if anyone knows, I haven't been able to get much info online.

I don't have any information about it other than what the clubs say on them.

Slazenger VIP Masters (sorry i am unsure of the year) Images attached.
What do you think?

Attachments

• IMG_1293.jpg
    IMG_1293.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1294.jpg
    IMG_1294.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1296.jpg
    IMG_1296.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 4
Slazenger is a brand found mostly in Europe and Australia. they made all sorts of clubs from top of the line to garbage in the middle to end of the 20th Century. The often stamped their names on quality American clubs to be sold overseas also. Many a Ping putter was stamped Slazenger. I see one club marked Carnegie Clark which was an Austraian club manufacturer named for a famous Australian player of the early 20th century

Most old woods that color are ladies clubs, is the turquoise an decent representation because the look darker in the third picture. The sole plate looks MacGregor and they had a line of very nice irons called V.I.P.s In the 60s till the late 80s. Your's look late 70s-early 80s.

Need more pictures, the backs of the irons, the face and tops of the woods, markings, shaft labels and grips.

Last edited:
I am sorry to say. Those are not going to worth much. Golf clubs rarely appreciate..

Back