Slicing everything.

Buck

Reaction score
Handicap
I had a problem slicing with my driver but its getting worked on and its getting better. With my irons though it seems to have gotten a lot worse. What is causing me to slice every iron shot? And I could sware I hit my 8i-5i all about the same distance. Please Help

Without seeing video or a few key details (like shape of divots/contact tendencies/typical trajectory/etc...) it's tough to tell exactly. BUT, I will plagiarize myself on a post I just replied to and regardless of your exact issues, the drill is a key Anti-Slice move.

[FONT=&quot]"The classic pump drill with a few (exaggerated) checkpoints. Mimic a downswing motion and stop the club at parallel to the ground. Don't just square the shaft to the target line, go the extra mile and point the butt of the club right of the target. While your body is memorizing that position, flatten out (or even bow) that left wrist and really turn down the clubface such that it is pointing almost at the ground. If your real swing hit these (over-exaggerated) positions, you'd pull hook everything. (I just ran and tested these numbers: I hit a 7 iron with an inside out path of 10 degrees and an 11 degree closed face and it pulled 5.4 degrees off the face with 2700 rpm of side spin relative to 2200 backspin. Nasty pull hook.) "

Hope that helps,

Trevor Broesamle, PGA
GolfTEC Santa Barbara
[/FONT]

Back