Spark Golf Leagues

Mark_UK

Legal Alien
Reaction score
Handicap
NCGA 12.8
Anyone signed up. Surprisingly, there are a few courses nearby that are doing this, including one of my regular tracks. They do a thrmursdsy night 9 hole league and I’m thinking of signing up as a single. Figure it’s a good way to play some mid week golf and maybe meet some other golfers. Anyone else play on these? Are they worth signing up for?

Anyone signed up. Surprisingly, there are a few courses nearby that are doing this, including one of my regular tracks. They do a thrmursdsy night 9 hole league and I’m thinking of signing up as a single. Figure it’s a good way to play some mid week golf and maybe meet some other golfers. Anyone else play on these? Are they worth signing up for?
I play regularly in one on Wednesday nights near me. I've tried one at other a different course and they were held completely differently. The one I play in does a shotgun start 2 groups per hole and you feel like you are in a league and it has allowed me to get to know some of the other golfers.

The other one I went to once and they basically just used spark as a paid 9 hole, when you got there they gave you the cart and let you go out, didn't have a league feel to it at all.

I play here in Florida in a Spark League with a few buddies. It’s fun and open for all golfers, but I’m getting extremely frustrated that we have played the same nine three weeks in a row and they have two courses for this Tuesday league.

I did one last year through them. It honestly is entirely based on who joins and the course. At least that was my feeling. But it was fun.

Never heard of this until just now. Did a quick search and there are a few around here. Neat idea.

Never heard of this until just now. Did a quick search and there are a few around here. Neat idea.
There's actually a ton of them this year even compared to last. I had 2 options near me last year. I have at least 1 option within 15 minutes of me everyday of the week which is nice.

There's actually a ton of them this year even compared to last. I had 2 options near me last year. I have at least 1 option within 15 minutes of me everyday of the week which is nice.
There are 2 near me that start at 5:30 which would be nice. I leave @ 3 on Weds. so don't want to leave early more than once a week. Would try to find a partner (good to have sons).

I've seen ads for these in Charlotte - never really looked much into it and wasn't sure what it was. Fun setup?

Well, I’ve signed up for Thursday evening, we’ll see how it go’s.

They are a thing here in central Pennsylvania. Neat concept. We've got lots of Spark leagues around here. I played in one last Fall. Very well run and helps the courses fill their tee sheets. There are some bugs to work out relative to communication between Spark and the local courses, but in my experience, Spark is committed to providing superior customer service and is working hard with local courses to work out any bugs.

Just back from the first round and promptly signed up for next week. Great fun. Super laid back, I like the fact we play to our 4 ball rules. Lose a ball, hit it out of bounds, treat it as a lateral hazard. Left with a 3 foot putt, that’s good. Chilled golf with chilled people. Perfect!

Just back from the first round and promptly signed up for next week. Great fun. Super laid back, I like the fact we play to our 4 ball rules. Lose a ball, hit it out of bounds, treat it as a lateral hazard. Left with a 3 foot putt, that’s good. Chilled golf with chilled people. Perfect!
I do love the lose a ball treat it as a lateral hazard. I signed up for a league on on Wednesdays. I missed this week and will miss next week but then we will not have anymore Wednesday games after next week. Goes through September and should be clear through the summer except for a trip to Hawaii, 4th of July week and Fantasy Football experience in August.

I
I tried it last year. It was fun, I found I could play 9 holes for $18 dollars less at my home course.

I played for 6 weeks, at $40 per round, and stayed in the top 5 . I played from the senior tees.

My partner quit after two weeks. He didn't care for it. Why I don't know. He was a decent golfer.

I haven't played this year.

Back