Speed control sensitivity

Breakingpar

Reaction score
OK, this may sound silly but my othwise great mgi navigator is just out of step with my normal walking pace. Since I like to stand under the umbrella for shade, I've really started to notice this. The 4 speed setting is slightly too slow and 5 is slightly too fast. 4.5 would perfect!

Are there any brands out there that is sensitive enough that it can change speeds more subtly?

Stewart Q-Follow - but not sure it would allow you to get close enough to walk under the umbrella as it follows...

A

Thanks. So the speed control is sensitive enough to pick the exact speed you want?

Thanks. So the speed control is sensitive enough to pick the exact speed you want?
The follow mode - follows at your speed but about 2m behind you. In remote mode you can set the speed to match close to your walking speed but it is still a digital and not an analogue speed control.

A

The follow mode - follows at your speed but about 2m behind you. In remote mode you can set the speed to match close to your walking speed but it is still a digital and not an analogue speed control.

A
Got it. Thanks.

For reference, the Alphard V2 has a similar setup - there are 5 or 6 settings and you might get stuck in between. I haven't used an umbrella with mine yet, but I'm assuming it might end up being most convenient to just carry the umbrella.

I've been able to dial in the speed of the Stewart Vertx to match my comfortable walking pace. I'm not positive about this - but it seems like there are 5 available speed settings - with the top speeed at 6 mph (on pavement). The remote came with the 3 user programable pre-sets at the lowest setting, the mid setting and the highest setting - meaning there's essentially a half step between the 1 buttion and the 2 button and between 2 and 3. I've not yet tried it with an umbrella up - but I do not foresee and issue.

MGI navigator Ai GPS has 20 speeds. 9 seems to be perfect for me.

Back