Speedzone Driver to Replace F9 - So many weights options now, any guidance besides try each?

shadymg

Reaction score
Handicap
About my swing: Tend to get more than enough loft from my 9* drivers, high ball flight. Probably losing yardage, carry is around 240ish on the range, in play my average total is around 265.

Have been gaming a Cobra F9 driver with 2g weight in the front, and 14g weight in the back.

Had a completely unnecessary chance to essentially replace my F9 driver head for a Speedzone and thought, why not?! This driver head arrived with 2 completely different weights-- 6g and 18g.

Obviously I could try and play around with all sorts of different combinations, but thought i'd come to the place that knows the most to get some opinions on what would be the ideal weight distribution given the 4 weights I have at my disposal (until I sell the F9): 2g, 6g, 14g, or 18g....and then which in front vs back? (I'm guessing heavier weight in front to lower flight, but I can be convinced given how well I'm striking it with the 2g in front).

Thanks in advance

EDIT: This was a moot point. Found out that the WEIGHTS that come included with the Speedzone driver head were smaller than those on the F9, so couldn't fit them on. Oh well!

Last edited:
All depends on the playing length of your club, and what you like to feel with regards to swing-weight. Based on the F9 weights, it sounds like you're playing at 44.5" if everything is stock.

You're right about the weight placement front to back - more weight in the front is meant to reduce spin, more weight in back is meant to help MOI and increase ball height.

For what it's worth, I just put a new shaft in my F9 so it's now playing at 46" and I went with 2g in front, 6g in rear and I'm seeing beautiful bomber drives.

Back