Split Hand Golf Grip

lbolt19

Reaction score
Has anyone here had success with the split hand grip golf swing (and I'm not talking about putting)?

Had to look that up since I've never seen it before. Pretty wild!

Whenever I’ve tried a big , self induced, departure to my grip/set up/swing it seems to be awesome at first……..then it all goes to 💩 quickly

It's seems to be dramatic twist on the 10 finger grip. For a right-handed golfer the dominant hand (left), higher up on the club, is used for power and weaker hand (right), lower on the club, for more control. I might try it to see how it works. Just wonder if anyone here has had any success with it.

I think this is used for a drill to get a better feel for the release.

I use the drill often. Allows for me to get a bigger shoulder turn without lead arm breaking down. I find it neutralizes path as well. I may try to hit some balls that way but I can't see it doing anything other than fat shots

I've definitely started to use the 10 finger grip for driver. Helps me realese the hands better and discourages a too open face at impact.

After reading everyone's posts, I realize I wasn't being quite clear. I'm aware of the split hand grip drill which is a very dramatic split hand swing that I would never even consider taking out on the course. Actually, what I'm talking about is a 3 - 4 inch split of the 10 finger grip which I read on another golf forum gave some golfers a combination of both power and control.

Does anyone here, who plays with a 10 finger grip, split their hands by a couple of inches?

Thanks in advance for your feedback and Happy Labor Day!

The only time I’ve used a split hand grip is when doing drills.

Golf is definitely a ‘whatever works’ sport so it’s great if it works for you!

Back