Steelhead xr pro v c300 forged

topspark

Reaction score
Handicap
me
Firstly just curious on the Steelhead XR Pro irons if anyone is still gaming.
looking thru the threads there maybe one two at most, so why?
when they first came out there seemed to be quite a lot of interest, yet not many seem to be using.
also, has anyone had the opportunity to compare the new Wilson c300 forged against these or something similar.

Firstly just curious on the Steelhead XR Pro irons if anyone is still gaming.
looking thru the threads there maybe one two at most, so why?
when they first came out there seemed to be quite a lot of interest, yet not many seem to be using.
also, has anyone had the opportunity to compare the new Wilson c300 forged against these or something similar.

I gamed the XR Pro for a while and now have the 300F in the bag. The XRP has a narrower sole and slimmer profile overall. Toplines are comparable and I think offsets are pretty similar. I didn’t hit them side by side but I would give the sound/feel edge to the 300s. I was able to compare my 7i against some other demo clubs, including the CF16. The 300 more than held its own in performance and sound/feel.

I gamed the XR Pro for a while and now have the 300F in the bag. The XRP has a narrower sole and slimmer profile overall. Toplines are comparable and I think offsets are pretty similar. I didn’t hit them side by side but I would give the sound/feel edge to the 300s. I was able to compare my 7i against some other demo clubs, including the CF16. The 300 more than held its own in performance and sound/feel.
thanks for the feedback.
can I ask why you moved on from the xrp?

thanks for the feedback.
can I ask why you moved on from the xrp?

I picked them up from a fellow THPer because they had some shafts I wanted to try out (Matrix Program F15). I found they launched a bit too high for me. I was going to reshaft them but I found a different set I wanted to try and moved on from them. I can’t say I was ever disappointed with how they performed.

Back