Substitute grip solvent.

Pops

Formerly Bbutler
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
my grip solvent is back at my shop. Don’t have any mineral spirits either. Don’t really want to go get mineral spirits. What else have you used. Anyone try WD-40

Steel shafts? Nail polish remover. But I wouldn't be so sure on graphite. Not that I know you shouldn't.

I thought lighter fluid was the old school grip solvent?

WD-40 will work but it takes a awhile to dry. Charcoal lighter fluid will also work.

my grip solvent is back at my shop. Don’t have any mineral spirits either. Don’t really want to go get mineral spirits. What else have you used. Anyone try WD-40
WD-40 takes more than a day or two to dry. 0/10, do not advise.

Gasoline technically will work, and it could be exciting for everyone else if you spark something

Go get mineral spirits. That is all I use now because it dries faster than grip solvent in my experiences.

WD-40 takes more than a day or two to dry. 0/10, do not advise.

Gasoline technically will work, and it could be exciting for everyone else if you spark something
We will find out how long it takes to dry. 🤣🤣 If it’s a flop I’ll do it over.

I use gas. Have never had an issue.

Alcohol of the kind that is not potable will work in the event you find yourself in this binge again.

Do not use WD40. It’s A lubricant, not a solvent. Mineral spirits is the best alternative.

I've heard of people using hair spray, but can't offer any first-hand experience with it on golf grips. I used it on dirt bike grips more than a few times and never had one come off in my hand, though.

Back