Suggestions near Salt Lake City?

hokiegolfer

@danielvt11
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 21.5
I just moved out here in June and I live SW of the city. I've played at a few courses- Glenmoor, Mountain View, and Murray Parkway. I've heard good things about Talon's Cove, anyone played any other courses out here? Thanks!

Talons Cove is fun course that I really like, but a pretty easy course. In that same general area is The Ranches which is a better course by all accounts (except for the 9th and 18th hole, which are the most uphill golf holes I have ever played. Like rediculously uphill). There is Thanksgiving Point, which I haven't played in a long time, but it was a very good track when I played it. I know in the winter they do a thing where the price for the day is dependent on the high temp for the day. It is usually fairly expensive so you can get a good deal this way and it isn't bad golfing in 50 degree weather. A bit out of your way are a few courses in Midway, Soldier Hollow (Gold) being the best of those, but the Silver course and the Wastach (Lake and Mountian) courses are both very enjoyable as well. You will find that a lot of people go down to St. George to golf and I can't say enough great things about the golf down there with Sand Hollow being the standout course, with Valderra at the Ledges, Coral Canyon, and Entrada (Private) following very strongly.

I guess, I should have asked what part of SW SLC you are in. I can give you better advice if I know a bit better where you are. Are you north or south of the Point?

Last edited:
Appreciate the input! I plan to play Talons Cove and Thanksgiving Point here before the season ends.

I'm in West Jordan, so pretty much right outside the city. But I can get down to the courses around Utah Lake in about 30-40 min so I want to do that.

Check out Riverbend. It has been forever since I played there, but I remember liking it quite a bit. The Ranches is over in Eagle Mountain, about 5-10 mins from Talons Cove. Take Bangerter Hwy to S Redwood and that will get you over to the West side of the Lake. Talons Cove has some really great views and it gets fun when the wind starts kicking up. I am not very familiar with anything much more north than where you are except Bountiful Ridge (which isn't very close to you:D). That is a fantastic course! YOu should feel lucky. You moved to the value golf capital of the US.

Thanks! Yeah I'm loving it out here. I lived on the Robert Trent Jones Trail in Alabama last year, but god it was so hot I just didn't golf much.

Hokiegolfer and I ended up playing Talon's Cove not long after you guys had this discussion, and it was awesome...except for they had just had a big landslide that wasn't completely cleared out and I sunk up to my ankles in what I'm going to call "quickmud"! My golf shoes now have a slight shade of brown to them permanently :banghead: but whatever, they still work fine!

Back