Swing tips and feedback please?

mhroche

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi Freddie and everyone!

Lots of respect for all the good feedback given around here so I was wondering if I could get some myself! I struggle with pulled irons and when things are bad I hit many fat/this shots. I like to compress the ball at impact and worry that maybe I come in too steep or try to 'hit' the ball vs swing.... I am sure tempo is an issue as well.

Any thoughts on what else I can work on? The video linked is me swinging the wedge off the tee from this weekend. It looks like I am over swinging, or I breakdown near the top.

http://youtu.be/AiA-kbVy--4

Thanks everyone!

Mark

Sorry for the delay in responding. Had a bit of set back last week.

Based on the video you have a pretty solid swing. Are there things you could work on, sure. But I really want to know what type of ball flight you see and what you would like to see. Also what are you looking to achieve with a swing adjustment. I ask because you do a lot right and and few small things wrong. You have a swing that I feel can get you around the course pretty good. How is you short game and putting? What is the weakest part of your game?

You have an excellent lag in your swing. You have a descent turn and good delivery.

You sway back and sway through the ball which are bad but it matches your swing. meaning your tempo is spot on. If you were to speed up the arm or try to hit hard, you would get out of wack and hit some crazy shots. If you maintain what you are doing and learn to swing harder but keep the hips in sync you will add some yardage.

Tell me about your game and I will give you something to work on.

Hi Freddie and everyone!

Lots of respect for all the good feedback given around here so I was wondering if I could get some myself! I struggle with pulled irons and when things are bad I hit many fat/this shots. I like to compress the ball at impact and worry that maybe I come in too steep or try to 'hit' the ball vs swing.... I am sure tempo is an issue as well.

Any thoughts on what else I can work on? The video linked is me swinging the wedge off the tee from this weekend. It looks like I am over swinging, or I breakdown near the top.

http://youtu.be/AiA-kbVy--4

Thanks everyone!

Mark

Hi Freddie!

Thanks for the feedback it means a lot as I have been working on improving my swing.

My issues right now are:

1) My irons consistently are pushed consistently 20-30 yards right of target. It almost feels like the ball wants to come back but never really does. So from 100 yards out I am always just right of the green on a swing / contact feel that seems perfect. From 150 yards I will be right of the bunker on the right side of the green. When I "try" to hit the ball left in compensation, I will severely pull the ball left. Other than pushes and pulls. My irons are pretty straight and penetrating. Distance is not an issue really.

2) When I overswing I shank or have a severe push slice (this happens at least 2 holes a round).

Thanks again Freddie for any help!

Mark

Alignment, check yours. Missing greens to the right from 100 and shanks as a miss points to alignment issue. Be sure the knees, hips and shoulder and point at you intended target line.

Thanks Freddie, that is what I feared. I will have to come up with some creative ways to self check my alignment, especially hips/knees and shoulders. I will follow up, thanks again!

Back