The Disney World Thread

Animal Kingdom Lodge - it’s awesome but only bus transportation places.

Boulder Ridge/Wilderness Lodge - Great resort and plenty of options for transportation everywhere.

Those are my top two.
Thanks! Any particular online site you recommend using to rent the points?

Thanks! Any particular online site you recommend using to rent the points?

That’s who we used for our last trip. If you can find a reservation that matches your dates instead of just renting the points it can save you a ton too. We found the service to be a great money saver and got Boulder Ridge at a rate cheaper than a value resort.

That’s who we used for our last trip. If you can find a reservation that matches your dates instead of just renting the points it can save you a ton too. We found the service to be a great money saver and got Boulder Ridge at a rate cheaper than a value resort.
That site actually has a week we are looking for at beach club for a great price

For those Disney experts, if I want to rent DVC points to try and save some money on hotel what sites do you recommend?
We loved the Polynesian.

Beach Club has the best pool, Bay Lake will give you best bang for your dollar if wanting a monorail resort. Easiest to rent is Sarasota Springs and being next to Downtown Disney is great for restaurants.

My favorites for theming are Animal Kingdom and Bolder Ridge/Coper Creek.

If you have five, there are some DVC locations with the second bathroom which is helpful or a studio that will sleep five.

I haven’t stayed at Riviera yet (going in November), but visited to eat and really liked the looks and being on the skyliner makes this resort a consideration if you plan to head to Epcot multiple days.

Been a DVC member since 2001, and I would say well worth buying. Even if you don’t want to travel to Disney renting your points is so easy and you will get more then your dues every time.

For those Disney experts, if I want to rent DVC points to try and save some money on hotel what sites do you recommend?

David's DVC Rental is great. Have used them at least three times since 2015, most recently last year. Used them for Disneyland CA and WDW Florida.

For anyone looking about renting DVC points, you can save a great deal of money on the disboards . com website.

There is a section entirely devoted to DVC and a thread on renting points. I rent my points all the time on that site. Just make sure the person you rent from is a good-standing DVCer.

That site actually has a week we are looking for at beach club for a great price
Beach club is awesome and super convenient for getting to Epcot and Hollywood

I second beach club, and I would throw Yacht Club in there as well. Both are usually pretty quiet and by far the best pool on property and it’s not even close.

I second beach club, and I would throw Yacht Club in there as well. Both are usually pretty quiet and by far the best pool on property and it’s not even close.
Not even close!
Lazy river, awesome slide, and sand filled bottom

Last week was glorious. One week after Easter. Temps in the high 70s and low 80s. Very low crowd levels. We walked right onto Rise of the Resistance with our Lightning Lane. View attachment 9256920View attachment 9256921View attachment 9256923View attachment 9256924View attachment 9256925View attachment 9256926View attachment 9256927View attachment 9256928
Your thoughts on Space 220? Our next trip is in November and I am trying to see if it’s worth scoping it out when the time comes.

Your thoughts on Space 220? Our next trip is in November and I am trying to see if it’s worth scoping it out when the time comes.

We did 220 our last trip to try it out. It was fun but didn’t think it was worth the price (even by Disney standards). I wouldn’t go back, but not upset we tried it. I wanted to be an astronaut as a kid, so it had some cool moments. Food was decent.

It was great for a one-time experience. It's unique, and the food wasn't bad. The environment feels a little phoned in. Like they could have gone farther with the theming. But the "elevator" is cool as is the hallway you wait in to "arrive" and "depart." Our server was great. People seemed to be having a good time. Kids seemed to really enjoy it. I loved the little Easter eggs, like the spacewalker chasing after and playing with an X-Wing model, as well as the two spacewalkers engaging in a lightsaber battle. It wasn't loud like Coral Reef or Biergarten can get. Overall I don't know if I'd do it again unless I could just sit at the bar, since there are other restaurants in Epcot I love and three I haven't tried yet.

Back