The Grint Adds A Form Of "Strokes Gained" They Call "Insights": Thoughts?

Duffer Seamus

C'mon ball, do your thing
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Ever since reading The Four Foundations of Golf and now in the process of reading Every Stroke Counts I'm sold on the strokes gained concept. It just plain makes sense to me.

Problem was: My chosen score-tracking app, The Grint, didn't calculation strokes gained.

Today I received an email from The Grint announcing a new enhancement for Pro subscribers called "Insights." It's kind of like strokes gained, but, instead of calculating stokes gained against PGA Tour Pro averages, it analyzes your game compared to those in your approximate handicap range.

Here's their write-up on it: What is the Insights module and how can it help your game?

Looks intriguing. What do y'all think?

if they had done it sooner I likely would not have switched to GolfPad. I am pretty locked on Golfpad now...20 bucks a year for club yardages, course maps, strokes gained...downside being Grint I believe still is counted by some as an official handicap, golfpad is not

I think for Grint users it will be huge for the analytical ones

I feel like it’s been on my app a while. Maybe I’m mistaken.

Its very basic imo but it does give a little insight nothing like an Arccos or Shotscope but a decent jumping off point for those that are interested in data.

It gives you strength, weakness, and in range stats based on your current handicap.

I think for Grint users it will be huge for the analytical ones
That would be me :)

I'm really looking forward to what that tells me when I finally start hitting the course again.

I feel like it’s been on my app a while. Maybe I’m mistaken.
According to the email I received it was just added.

That would be me :)

I'm really looking forward to what that tells me when I finally start hitting the course again.

According to the email I received it was just added.
I've definitely had the putter insights for a while.
I posted this last Friday in my putting thread and am positive I've posted others throughout this year.
I guess it's possible I was on a test version or something?

Back