The Phantom Of The Open

Sox_Fan

Mitsubishi Experience at Ballyhack
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Cold Temps
I was told about this movie by a new friend from the UK that I met at my oldest daughter's wedding* last November. It was released in the UK last week and is not yey available on any of the major streaming services yet. It appears to me that the movie will be quite hilarious and charming and I am looking forward to watching it when it becomes available.

* Yes, @PackersGirl , this was the same wedding that I was force fed videos by my wife to make sure I didn't screw up my father of the bride duties. 🤣🤣

🤣🤣Love it!!! This looks like a movie we'd love to watch when it makes its way here!

The next Caddyshack anyone? I went into this expecting not to like it. And I didn't for a bunch of it where I can't understand the accents or the idioms! I discovered what my folks did when they visited England.

They thought it would be easy because we spoke the "same" language. What they found out is that we do not do so! The English speak English. American speak American! And never the twain shall meet! My Mom, who spoke 2 languages, and was a pretty skilled amateur linguist, had a harder time understanding the English than she did the French or Italians!

I also found the same thing back in my stoner days, watching Monty Python, Bennie Hill, and other English comedies. You just couldn't get everything!

I’d probably watch it for some humor.

Back