Thinking About Going Back To This Instructor...

collegefbfan

Reaction score
I know an individual has to be patient in many processes in life. Lord, golf has to be the biggest. I raised two great kids, even after their mom left the day after our 15th wedding anniversary. Left them with me because my schedule was more consistent. That took some patience. Worked my way through college, took 6 years for a 4 year degree due to working a lot each week. Patience there too. You get the idea, not here for a pity party though. When I read the replies on here about playing golf or practicing, I see where some of you say that you hit some shots fat or thin, etc. I think your version of "fat" and "thin" and my version of "fat" and "thin" are way different. My version of "fat" is digging a ditch behind the ball. My version of "thin" is missing it by a mile. So, I think I am headed back to the instructor that gave me my first real golf lesson. He's a nice guy with a building that has one side that hits out into a driving range. The other side has a simulator. Either way, the Trackman records everything. I probably should have kept getting lessons from him. I know it takes patience, but after a year of lessons and practicing and not making even good contact is wearing thin. I don't want to give up, but man. Like I would love to even have these kind of shots return. Based on how these looked a year ago, now looks way, way worse. This was a 7 iron and total distance.
Like I said, first lesson ever.
1714669905818.png

Porzak Golf and Video yourself.

The only vid series that has helped after 20 yrs of looking.

Last edited:
That is one amazing video. I will say the thing that I see happen on this video and many others is the club hitting the ball then the ground. I know that is the way it is supposed to be. But, man I feel the touch and accuracy that this process requires is something I will never be able to achieve. It is almost like teaching pre-calculus to a 4th grader. Well, maybe not that bad. What is so crazy is I can hit the ground well behind the ball, trust me. Wish I could do the same after the ball.

I’ve seen a few of Porzak’s videos, he’s really good.

Back