Time test TE Customer Service

RayG

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Last tee shot last week, I felt and heard something very odd with my C721. Not the ‘crack’ it usually makes, but a hollow thunk, Impact was a bit high toe, but not extreme. I figured I just hit a bad shot.
This AM, at the range, after warming up with the rest of bag, took out the driver. First was a bit low heel but didn’t sound THAT different. Nutted the next one right on the screws and boy, it sounded like and old Ping or Sasquatch with a sock stuffed in the head. Okay, no more with that one. Tried to see if there was a hairline crack or separation of the face. Nothing that I could really see. Have to check with my jewelers loupe when I get home, but something is definitely wrong. Club is registered with TE so that should be a help. Didn’t want to keep going until complete failure. Essentially ruined the rest of the session since I was now totally distracted. I have our buddy trip in just over a month and hope to get it resolved before then. But I’m also concerned I may need to pick up something to use if not in time.

They’re pretty awesome. If it’s a natural failure like it sounds like, I’d bet they’ll take care of you pretty quickly!

You won’t be disappointed. Find my thread about their warranty. Short version is I had a fairway wood shaft snap just above the hosel. They replaced it under warranty. Then a couple years later the head flew off the same club and sunk to the bottom of a pond. Sent back the shaft and they replaced it, no questions asked.

The Tour Edge warranty is outstanding, and their Customer Service is top notch too. I had a driver head crack a few years ago, I sent them photos, but they asked me to send it in for inspection anyway. They covered it 100%, they didn't have my exact model in stock, so gave me a few choices including going with a newer model, which I took. I had it back in a very short time, I'm pretty sure the whole process, including shipping both ways, took less than two weeks.

I also can confirm their warranty and support is awesome. I went through 2 shafts with my C721, to failures at the adapter.

Contacted support, sent in photographs of the broken shaft and received a new one each time. Wasn't happy that the didn't want the damaged ones back to see why I had 2 failures (one was after less than 10 swings on the range after receiving) but truly great service

Responses are encouraging! I will call tomorrow AM, since on a Sunday with other plans, it will be easier to talk. I also remembered my loupe is at work anyway.

I sent a set of 12 Ironwoods beck to Illinois from Las Vegas to have them adjusted for lie angle.

From there they were to be drop shipped to an address in Texas. All that was required I would pay the freight when I received an invoice. . They emailed me a prepaid lable. They showed up in Texas 6 days later with a note "free of charge".

My 3 Ironwood face sounded different than the rest of my long irons. Ball flights were still good however. After talking to TE, they sent me another prepaid lable to send it back to look at it. I mailed it on a Monday. 48 hours later, on Wednesday I received a brand new 3 Ironwood with my specs. .

These are the only two dealings I've had with them club wise. Obviously I was impressed.

On a need to know, these transactions took place several years ago, so I can't really vouch for their current customer service right now.

ummm... for those that may have contacted TE initially through an email, how long did it take to respond to your inquiry?

As it happens, I got no response back because they never received the email in the first place. OR the second one I sent after doing an online chat with a Rep, who then called me personally to get the scoop. Once I used my work email and not my outlook account, they got it. Anyway- Mike was great, discussed the issue and I will be sending club for evaluation and testing. The actual report contains the phrase "making a noise that is hard to describe". And they will do their best to resolve the issue before our trip the first week in June.

They are legit. Had some carbon fiber on my c722 crack and they replaced it with a c723 head no questions asked.

Sent off the driver this AM. If I may, I will recount part of the conversation and the Rep's reply as I thought it was funny. Well, not 'funny', funny but a case of 'boy, I'm old...'

While talking on the phone with him I mentioned it made an odd noise: "...like an old Sasquatch Driver with a sock stuffed in it... remember those?" "ummm, no"

"an older Ping?..." "not really..."

"Ever have one of those ping pong ball guns that made that odd 'pop' when you fired it...like that, but more metallic...? "No...."

And THAT is why the report states that the sound is: "hard to describe..."

They will take care of you. They were awesome when I needed them and they came through.

An update to the situation. Yesterday, I went to the site and started a chat to make sure they received the club and what any timeline might be. "Oh, you should have it back on Friday, tracking info will be available tomorrow..." (today, Thursday)

Oh, can I ask what the problem was?

"It appears that there was a small crack in the shaft. They re-shafted it and it's on the way..."

So- not only are they quick, they are taking responsibility for the shaft- a HZRDUS Smoke Black, which is from a different company altogether. They could have easily said, 'Sorry, shaft is not our responsibility, contact TrueTemper', or whatever.

One thing that bothers me, is that they didn't contact me to let me know what the issue was BEFORE they sent it back. Maybe there will be a note included in the box with a report or something. But I guess if they needed to replace the head itself, they would have contacted me to ask what head they can replace it with.

So, no 'New' Driver, but a repaired one. As a bonus, I get a new grip! Which I planned to replace before our trip anyway!

So, overall- Kudos to TE and their Customer Service!

An update to the last update. Club just came and as I was inspecting the new shaft, I saw the old C721 headcover. Nice- brand new HZRDUS Smoke black shaft attached to (take cover off) A BRAND NEW C723 HEAD! Still in wrapper, AND in the head setting of the previous C721. Had to be some kind ‘deke’ to surprise me. I will be sure to be in touch on Monday to express my gratitude! Now I am pumped for the range on Sunday and then our trip in a couple of weeks. I might even take a day off before that to play!

Glad it worked out. I am not surprised. Tour Edge has been great in my experience.

An update to the last update. Club just came and as I was inspecting the new shaft, I saw the old C721 headcover. Nice- brand new HZRDUS Smoke black shaft attached to (take cover off) A BRAND NEW C723 HEAD! Still in wrapper, AND in the head setting of the previous C721. Had to be some kind ‘deke’ to surprise me. I will be sure to be in touch on Monday to express my gratitude! Now I am pumped for the range on Sunday and then our trip in a couple of weeks. I might even take a day off before that to play!
That’s awesome!

Tour edge is super legit. Their customer services has to be 1 of the top in the industry.

Great to hear about outstanding customer support. I was talking to a golf shop owner today who was telling me that TE got specials out in a couple of days. Most of the majors and even a challenger brand in comparison taking several weeks.

Back