Titleist T150 Gap Wedge - gapping issue?

GolfCheese

Reaction score
Hi all,
got a half set of T150's and am struggling with the gapping of the set gap wedge.

I noticed on the course and verified on the range - my GW is too close to my 9 iron:
My distances for 5i/7i/9i/GW/SW (lofts: 25/32/40/48/56) are 162m/140m/116m/105m/82m.

Anyone else had this experience?
What to do?

Hi all,
got a half set of T150's and am struggling with the gapping of the set gap wedge.

I noticed on the course and verified on the range - my GW is too close to my 9 iron:
My distances for 5i/7i/9i/GW/SW (lofts: 25/32/40/48/56) are 162m/140m/116m/105m/82m.

What to do?
I have experienced and heard of others experience situations when set gap wedges did not carry long enough to gap into the pw, but never your issue. How far do you hit your pw? You could try weakening the loft on the gw.

Last edited:
First thing I would do is double check the lofts on everything. Second do you have the same shafts and length of shafts on your irons and your 56. The final thing if those two are good is that I would look at weakening the loft on the 48 a bit. In general the T150s are going to have faster clubface than Your 56* wedge. That could account for the larger gap at the lower end.

Hi all,

What to do?
So just to be clear, you only got 5i/7i/9i/48 in T150? Or is that just shorthand and you also have 6i/8i/PW?

That said, no, I have not had that issue within the T150's. I have seen a little larger gap than desirable between my T150 9i and my T200 8i, but those are different heads. Do you really deloft your wedges? You could also have a choke up full swing with the 48 to knock a few yards off, or have it bent to 50*.

Yes, the 48 degree GW is "too long" also for me versus my wedges.

I go 48-54-60 and my gap between 48 and 54 can easily be 25 yards. The T150s are simply very long. I would have preferred to have gotten a 52 degree wedge

I think it is head design, shaft length etc. You might want to look at 52/54 wedges instead IMO

Thank you all,
you are super helpful!

@SkiBumGolfer With the T150 I am building a light travel/walking set, so it is indeed only the odd irons (plus driver, wood, putter). Good point re delofting ... maybe there is (yet another) swing fault at play - I should let my pro hit them for a second opinion.

@Chef23 Thanks, will check. The 56 is a Vokey with the standard dragon slaying heavy wedge shaft, the t150 have a much lighter KBS Tour 90, so you are spot on. However, my surprise is really that the 9 and the GW are so close.

@Tenputt My PW (from my full set) is a Vokey 46, standard shaft, and it goes 102-104m. And it is the most predictable club I ever played. So the t150 GW, (2 degrees weaker loft, but lighter shaft) actually goes pretty much the same distance as my PW from my full set ...

Yes, the 48 degree GW is "too long" also for me versus my wedges.

I go 48-54-60 and my gap between 48 and 54 can easily be 25 yards. The T150s are simply very long. I would have preferred to have gotten a 52 degree wedge

I think it is head design, shaft length etc. You might want to look at 52/54 wedges instead IMO

Oh thats brilliant insight! Thank you @MtlJeff - are you considering doing anything about it? Bending? Getting the GW from the T100 (at 50 degrees)? Exchanging for a Vokey, maybe with a set iron shaft?

Oh thats brilliant insight! Thank you @MtlJeff - are you considering doing anything about it? Bending? Getting the GW from the T100 (at 50 degrees)? Exchanging for a Vokey, maybe with a set iron shaft?

I may buy a 52 degree wedge yeah, but i also change clubs so much i might just buy a new iron set lol. Undecided ....But my pro shop will for sure have SM10 52 degree options when the season starts

I may buy a 52 degree wedge yeah, but i also change clubs so much i might just buy a new iron set lol. Undecided ....But my pro shop will for sure have SM10 52 degree options when the season starts
😂😂😂This is the way!

Carrying so few clubs I'd be OK with having 116 and 105 meters covered but come up with a partial GW shot that goes 93/94ish meters. Hat to Hat? Ear to Ear? Neck to Neck? IDK? but it would take less than 10 minutes to find something simple that works. I'd also do something similar with 5i and 7i to narrow those 20+ meter gaps to the next lowest club.

Last edited:
Almost always you have to tweak your wedges with new irons...

for me, when I got the T-150's i changed out all my wedge lofts...I had been coming from Ap2's and as such gap wedge on AP2 = 50*.....and your Gap Wedge (stock) on T-150 is a 48*....thus keeping with normal number gapping of 4*/club forced me to get 52* and 56* wedges vs. what was traditional for me being 54* and 58*....

It is an adjustment for me that my 56* is carrying 102...and is my most lofted...which has forced me to learn more about full swings, 9 oclock arm positions and the like...which has really made me better at those distances...

However, it is a shift...

looking at the gaps on what I would call scoring clubs...9i/GW/SW-116m/105m/82m... Dd you not have a Pitching wedge?

if you have a slot in the bag, add a Lob Wedge or a pitching wedge... if you are not at 14 clubs...but it is not a major problem to have 105-82m be a gap...several ways to handle it, gripping down 1" on the shaft is about 5 yards (all things being equal) gripping down to the bottom of grip is roughly 10-12 yards)

There is a dad joke here somewhere. Gapping issue, gap wedge. I just can’t put my finger on it.

looking at the gaps on what I would call scoring clubs...9i/GW/SW-116m/105m/82m... Dd you not have a Pitching wedge?

I only bought every other club, to have 8* loft gaps, which should do 20m/22yd for me ... with gripping down and 3/4 swing I can split that gap, so that works well enough for me.

If I add the T150 pitching wedge, it would actually slot between the 9 and the GW, into an already small 11m/12yd gap ...

I may go your way and check out a 52* ... it is currently SM10 week, and looking does not cost anything ... 😉

I only bought every other club, to have 8* loft gaps, which should do 20m/22yd for me ... with gripping down and 3/4 swing I can split that gap, so that works well enough for me.

If I add the T150 pitching wedge, it would actually slot between the 9 and the GW, into an already small 11m/12yd gap ...

I may go your way and check out a 52* ... it is currently SM10 week, and looking does not cost anything ... 😉
gotcha, you did (or I didnt catch it) that you were doing an every other...

Back