Took the plunge.....

Shankosaurus

Senior Igloo Engineer
Reaction score
Handicap
19.6 GHIN
and joined a private club today.

The price was right (read:inexpensive) and it is one of the nicer course in Rochester. Not on the Oak Hill level, but I didn't have the $106,000 for their initiation :doh:
Brook-Lea hosted a Symmetra tour event this year, which was a large success.

It's an older club, established in 1926, with a very nice Donald Ross course, pool, exercise room and excellent food. With my impending retirement in January, I thought it was a good time to get ready for lots of golf. Even though I am about as far from a country club guy as you can get, this place has always suited my eye.

http://www.brookleacc.com

Good for you! You have worked hard all your life and now it's time to play. Enjoy the ride :bomb:

Congrats, my son and I played there while he was at RIT. His room mates father was a member, very nice course!

Congrats, Jim...enjoy!!!

Congrats man! Enjoy it.. I actually just joined a private club for the first time two weeks ago!

Congrats, enjoy it! I joined my first Private course this spring and couldn't be happier. Have fun!

Congrats! I just joined a private club couple weeks ago as well. Enjoy it!

Congrats on the membership and the up coming retirement.

Congratulations! We have moved over to a semi private clubs as well for 2016 (but already playing there) and I'm very happy about it as well.

Congrats, looks like a great place to join.

Congrats - I hope you have many years of enjoyment ahead of you!!

Congrats Jim. I can't wait to play the course with you.

Congrats! Enjoy club membership golf and all the amenities they have to offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats. Course looks very nice.

Congratulations! It's gonna be a great retirement!

Congrats. Looking forward to a round there with you and maybe a bunch if THPers.

Congrats Jim!! I'll be joining Stafford here in the next week or two! Looking forward to having rounds with you at both!

I think I know where the next WNY outing is... Congrats!!

congrats Jim, I know you will enjoy the golf.

Congratulations, you'll really enjoy it!

Nice...
I just got the taste of private golf clubs the other day thanks to one of the guys getting married and bringing some of us THPers along... It's definitely a nice feel to be out there and not rushed by people behind you. The practice facilities were incredible at the one we went too. If i had the free cash, it is something i would definitely consider, but we only get 3-5 of 'good' golf... year round it would be a no-brainer.

Congrats enjoy it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back