Travelling to Fort Worth, TX

jt2929

Equipment Junkie
Reaction score
Handicap
golf
I'll be headed to Fort Worth for work December 1-3 and am looking for ideas on what to do around that area. Golf won't be an option since I'll be with a co-worker. We won't get out of work until 5:00, so activities have to be after that. Too bad my Cowboys aren't playing a Thursday night game that week. Any recommendations, or should us Yankees just stay in the hotel???

ThreeBoysDad will have answers for you but I'm sure a visit to the Stockyards will be included in his summary.

Downtown ft worth is fantastic. Some great food, great sights, and great times.

How about taking a tour of Jerry World. That would be interesting if you're a Cowboys fan.
Downtown Ft. Worth is pretty cool.

I was only in Ft. Worth once for a few hours, but I loved the Stockyard area.

How about taking a tour of Jerry World. That would be interesting if you're a Cowboys fan.
Downtown Ft. Worth is pretty cool.

Looked into it and the last tour starts at 4:30. I'll definitely do it if we get out of work early.

I hear it's pretty good.
We tried to do it right after it opened, but something came up and we never made tried again. Been to enough other events there and that's good enough for me.

There are so many things to do in ft worth. Downtown is a fantastic place to be at night. Of course the stockyards is a must visit. The twice daily cattle drive is at 11:30am and 4pm. Billy Bob's is the tourists place to visit. West 7th, just west of downtown Ft. Worth is the trendy happening area with lots of neat food places. There is live music everywhere in Ft Worth, yes mostly on the country side but you can find other sounds. Unfortunately Top Golf will not be open until next summer in Ft Worth. When the time gets closer remind me and we can talk about what you want to do and I can help.

There are so many things to do in ft worth. Downtown is a fantastic place to be at night. Of course the stockyards is a must visit. The twice daily cattle drive is at 11:30am and 4pm. Billy Bob's is the tourists place to visit. West 7th, just west of downtown Ft. Worth is the trendy happening area with lots of neat food places. There is live music everywhere in Ft Worth, yes mostly on the country side but you can find other sounds. Unfortunately Top Golf will not be open until next summer in Ft Worth. When the time gets closer remind me and we can talk about what you want to do and I can help.

Awesome, thanks! Sounds like the Stockyards is on the must see list.

Back