US Open Qualifier for Euro Players

interlooper

Wishing I was golfing now
Reaction score
Handicap
11 players earned spots in the U.S. Open in a qualifier for European Tour players. Unfortunately, Ross Fisher did not qualify and, fortunately, Monty also did not qualify. Ross Fisher can still get in the US open if he gets into the top 50 prior to the Open. He is currently ranked 52. It is a little suprising to see that he is the only Ryder Cup player not to qualify.

Two euros I was happy to see qualify is Edfors and Robert Rock.

+1 on Edfors. I like his style.

+1 on Edfors. I like his style.

Yeah; he doesn't make it over to this side of hte pond all that often, so I hope he brings his flair over when he does.

Fellow Belgian Nicolas Colsaert also earned a spot in the US Open by winning the qualifier.

Hope he performs decent, He is making golf more popular in Belgium (where golf is still considered to be an elite sport)

Fellow Belgian Nicolas Colsaert also earned a spot in the US Open by winning the qualifier.

Hope he performs decent, He is making golf more popular in Belgium (where golf is still considered to be an elite sport)

Didn't he do well in the recent Euro match play event as well?

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

11 players earned spots in the U.S. Open in a qualifier for European Tour players. Unfortunately, Ross Fisher did not qualify and, fortunately, Monty also did not qualify. Ross Fisher can still get in the US open if he gets into the top 50 prior to the Open. He is currently ranked 52. It is a little suprising to see that he is the only Ryder Cup player not to qualify.

He's a joker. Get's his caddy to line his putts up.

Didn't he do well in the recent Euro match play event as well?

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

He made the semis. Was playing very well, and really bombs it out there!

He's a joker. Get's his caddy to line his putts up.

That's true. Even more awkward is when his caddie does the "Camilo Spider" type of lining up the putt.

Robert Rock is a disgrace to the beard-wearing man. Get it together, Robert!

Well lads, look at it another way. Robert Rock has got his head screwed on if you think about it. After he misses those 6 footers he can always bury the club up the caddie's butt for lining him up wrongly.

Steve Webster was doing it at Celtic Manor too! Come on guys.

Loving the fact that both Edfors and Rock are currently in the top 10 right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back