Review UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X TSPX Black Driver Shaft Review

Ludin

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Through my opportunity to take part in the upcoming The Rivalry with UST Mamiya I was fitted into a new driver shaft. That shaft is the LIN-Q M40X TSPX Black 6F4 and it came with a beautiful custom wrap. First quick impression of the driver is that it is amazing feeling driver to hit. It is what I would call easy power when swinging the club. No need to feel like your are swinging hard to get the distance. A nice tempo resulted in flushed drives. For context this new shaft is replacing a driver shaft I was fit into just under 3 years ago. That shaft is a Accra 162i M4 which is also a stiff flex.

Now on to the meat and potatoes of the numbers from the SkyTrak. I will compare numbers directly from a session on 3/1/2022 (old shaft) and 3/6/2022 (LIN-Q). The numbers are an average of all driver shots and includes mishits except for any egregious ones in both sets.

Old ShaftLIN-Q M40X TSPX Black 6F4
Ball MPH143146
Club MPH9898
Launch15.216.6
Spin2,8662,495
Carry235246
Total251264
Dispersion- 5 Yards average left of line. This is deceiving as I had shots as far as 48 yards right and 47 yards left. -3 Yards average left of line. Biggest misses in set were 23 yards right and 21 yards left of center line.

As you can tell in the numbers this shaft is much easier to square of the club face and put good strikes down range. Picked up 3mph of ball speed, 11 yards of carry and 13 yards total. Dispersion was also much better which is a result of feeling like it is easier to get the driver squared up with the LIN-Q M40X. Even when I didn't hit it well the misses were much smaller in dispersion with less loss of distance. This is huge for me as I am a mid handicap and having the ability when I am not swinging it well to hit very playable balls is huge. With the above results I am beyond it excited to get it out on the course and put it in play.

As I have only had the shaft 2 days I will be providing additional updates in the future with my thoughts as I get it out on the course more. I will leave with you a picture of the custom wrap for Team @e1iterate.

IMG_20220305_124439.jpg

Great write up @Ludin. I cannot wait to see it in action soon!

Awesome writeup, @Ludin !
I got the same shaft as you, and I'm putting it into play for the first time tomorrow morning. Have been using a Smoke yellow.
Can't wait to put some swings on it.

What was the $$$/yard number? 🤣🤣

Congrats, that’s a significant bump!!

Absolutely loved this shaft in the ST-X last year from Danny. How smooth it plays throughout the swing is awesome and is a absolutely great feel in the same 6F4. Great to see how your dispersion was able to tighten so rapidly.

Nice gain! (y)

What was the $$$/yard number? 🤣🤣

Congrats, that’s a significant bump!!
Haha as I am lucky enough to get it through the event I don't need to calculate that.

That’s awesome!

Through my opportunity to take part in the upcoming The Rivalry with UST Mamiya I was fitted into a new driver shaft. That shaft is the LIN-Q M40X TSPX Black 6F4 and it came with a beautiful custom wrap. First quick impression of the driver is that it is amazing feeling driver to hit. It is what I would call easy power when swinging the club. No need to feel like your are swinging hard to get the distance. A nice tempo resulted in flushed drives. For context this new shaft is replacing a driver shaft I was fit into just under 3 years ago. That shaft is a Accra 162i M4 which is also a stiff flex.

Now on to the meat and potatoes of the numbers from the SkyTrak. I will compare numbers directly from a session on 3/1/2022 (old shaft) and 3/6/2022 (LIN-Q). The numbers are an average of all driver shots and includes mishits except for any egregious ones in both sets.

Old ShaftLIN-Q M40X TSPX Black 6F4
Ball MPH143146
Club MPH9898
Launch15.216.6
Spin2,8662,495
Carry235246
Total251264
Dispersion- 5 Yards average left of line. This is deceiving as I had shots as far as 48 yards right and 47 yards left.-3 Yards average left of line. Biggest misses in set were 23 yards right and 21 yards left of center line.

As you can tell in the numbers this shaft is much easier to square of the club face and put good strikes down range. Picked up 3mph of ball speed, 11 yards of carry and 13 yards total. Dispersion was also much better which is a result of feeling like it is easier to get the driver squared up with the LIN-Q M40X. Even when I didn't hit it well the misses were much smaller in dispersion with less loss of distance. This is huge for me as I am a mid handicap and having the ability when I am not swinging it well to hit very playable balls is huge. With the above results I am beyond it excited to get it out on the course and put it in play.

As I have only had the shaft 2 days I will be providing additional updates in the future with my thoughts as I get it out on the course more. I will leave with you a picture of the custom wrap for Team @e1iterate.

View attachment 9071992
Nice write up. Sadly we had rain today and couldn't get out.

Great initial write up @Ludin I will be following along with this one!

Solid write up man! Although I don’t have numbers, just on course use, this is my take on my first round with the Black 6F5.
So got out for a round with the new shaft today paired with the Rogue ST Max. Initially had it set to -1/N and the flight was a little low. Moved tot to standard (9*) and it was an absolute bomber! First drive after I changed it I hit a bomb across the water to the fairway and my buddy said whatever you did, don’t change it. Didn’t have everything together today, but it’s close. I can feel it. Ball flight was very piercing and that’s exactly what I had hoped for! So ready for Nashville.

Back