Volvik XT Soft Golf Balls Review

Played 3 of 9 holes with the XT soft today.

Off the driver today, high ball flight with a predictable fade. That makes this a fun ball for me to play. I don’t over spin it, and can rely on my swing to find a fairway.

Irons, not quite as high of a ball flight as the Condor but still getting decent amount and landing pretty soft when hit well. When I get this ball a little thin, it does seem to take off a bit more than I expect.

Wedges today, I was getting this to stop pretty quickly (when I didn’t want it to). Finally got one to roll out just right on the last hole. Too bad I made a mess of the hole up to that shot.

Putting was good. Nothing of note to report on that today.

After work yesterday got to get to the short game area and try this out just hitting shots around the green and putting. Of the 3 balls given for testing for my game and swing speed this is the winner so far for me.

Off the putter face it is soft but doesn't feel like a marshmallow and I have very solid speed control with the xt soft. I had short, intermediate, and long putts I tried 1 of each volvik ball and the xt soft for me was the closest to the pin overall. I believe this ball performed the best for me due to it feeling very similar to a qst and that my normal ball I use.

Around the green with 5 to 10 yard chips when hit well the shots would usually 1 hop and stop and I was getting pretty confident towards the end and actually trying to carry the ball almost to the hole and have them check and was successful multiple times. My game isn't consistent enough to do it regularly but when hit correctly it was actually fun to watch. I hit some low bump and run shots and did roll a little more than I am used to not sure why but I will try again next time on the chipping green to see if it's truly the ball or just me.

Durability is there for sure because I hit probably 20 wedge shots with the soft xt ball and didn't notice anything that would concern me to put it back in play. I did thin 1 pretty bad when trying to carry the ball almost to the hole and I thought for sure that would have done it and there was a spot but it most rubbed off and would feel comfortable playing it in a round. This will now be my dedicated practice ball and the rest will be used in rounds.

Last edited:
Back