What time of day do you play your best?

JuKu

Reaction score
Handicap
Age+winter
I notice that at most clubs, morning tee times are the most popular. Is this for personal logistics reasons (the rest of the day is free) or do you play better in the morning? Personally I hate playing early in the morning. Be it playing golf, exercising or physical work, my body just doesn't work properly until I've been awake for several hours. This used to be different when I was in my 30's (I'm 57 now). My ideal tee time would be an hour after lunch; after the game, sauna and dinner. :) How about you?

For me the ideal tee time is between 10 am and 1 pm, or 3 pm to 5 pm.

the earlier the better, 6am tee time is the best!

I don't have solid numbers to back this up, but I feel like I play better before noon.

Early afternoon when the temperatures are at their hottest. I play better in hot weather and the pace of play is much better since most people don't like the hotter weather.

My best rounds have come with morning tee times, some of them, quite early.

I really like the early morning best.

I like playing early morning, but maybe I play better in the afternoon evening.

I'm a morning person so I love early tee times.

I don't think I have a time I play better. Playing early lets me do other things during the day but a early afternoon round is fine too.

Afternoon for me. I'm happy to play any time of day, but I don't tend to shoot my best scores early in the morning for whatever reason.

I continue to play very early in the morning. However, I feel I play better when I play in the afternoon and my body is "woken up". Either way I ALWAYS play better when hitting the range a bit before the round.

Afternoon for me. I'm nice and loose. Morning rounds take me longer to get loose even if I have the luxury of hitting the range first. It doesn't stop me from trying to get out in the first group on a Saturday, but the afternoon weekday rounds are good for me personally.

Early morning usually. The earlier the better.

I've played good and bad both morning and night, but I think I feel my best in the early afternoon.

First thing crack of dawn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mid morning is usually when I play better.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

First thing in the morning or afternoon, pace of play is usually a pretty heavy factor in how I play.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I prefer to play early in the morning, but I play better in the afternoon.

Bill Haley and the Comets wrote a song about me - "Suck Around the Clock"

mid morning or late afternoon

For some reason 10 to 11 tee times seem to bring out the best in me!

Back