What to hit at Edwin Watts?

johnday

Your everyday 4J
Reaction score
Handicap
TOO high
You guys have any suggestions? Gonna be there for at least an hour so I'll have time to demo some clubs and I have no idea where to start. What do you guys like?

I would hit the K15 as you have the G15... it would be an interesting comparison... and the Burner 2.0s

The R9 fairway woods are worth a look. I have seen/read very little about them but it is my favorite club in my bag and most of playing partners are bagging them now after hitting mine.

If your going to one in Savannah good luck. There is no selection like it used to be when it was Bonaventure. I really miss all the shoes and clothing they used to carry.

First of all, hit as many as you can. Being left handed, you may not see as many options as you would like, I am sure you are used to that unfortunately.

You have a fairly new driver, so I am not sure if that is what you are looking for. Looks like you could use another 3 wood, unless the one you have just treats you so well.

Here are some i would try and hit:
Taylormade Superfast or R9 3 wood
Callaway Diablo Edge & Octane fairway woods
Callaway Octane Driver
Callaway X-24 Irons
Cleveland CG16 Irons
Taylormade Burner 2.0 Irons

I'm not sure on the release dates on a couple of those, so you may not see them.

At any rate, have a blast.

If your going to one in Savannah good luck. There is no selection like it used to be when it was Bonaventure. I really miss all the shoes and clothing they used to carry.

Yep. The Left handed Used section is all of about 10 clubs... Hahaha. They really don't have enough.

I didn't get the chance to test most of the things you suggested, but there was one thing I REALLY liked. They were the TM Burner XD Irons. I saw them over in the LH used section and decided to hit it. I didn't know when the clubs debuted or any info on them. So I went to the simulator and hit an 8 iron 134. My average 8 iron is no more than 115 and 134 is like a 6 iron. I thought it just might have been a good hit, but I was hitting it constantly arount 130! So when I got home I looked up some info on the internet and found out that these were the first Burner irons and came out in 07. I know that they can't be as good as the Burner 1.0 or 2.0's, but I really liked these. When I was in the store, I figured that they were probably around 500 for the used set. I got home and looked on Ebay and none of the sets that were selling were selling for more than 300! These irons are definentally in my price range and I liked them. Do any of you have experiences with these? The clubs weren't in really good shape, but were playable.

Sorry John, I've never hit them. I'm sure somebody here can give you a little info.

Called the store and it's $210 for 4-SW.

Back