what's the best driver to order custom

Kujan

Reaction score
Handicap
I want to order a custom driver at a length of 44.5 through Golfsmith. In the note section I will ask the OEM to maintain the swing weight. Which model would you recommend?

I want to order a custom driver at a length of 44.5 through Golfsmith. In the note section I will ask the OEM to maintain the swing weight. Which model would you recommend?

I might suggest a fitting. You're not going to get a consensus from on Internet forum and with all the various models this will just end up in disappointment.

I'm wondering which OEM will handle the request really well.

Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

I'm wondering which OEM will handle the request really well.

They all will be able to accommodate that request very easily

That's good to know. Thanks a lot.

I would recommend getting fitted and then deciding
I would agree. It is a subjective question. There isn't one best for everyone it's about what is best for you. Although I suppose if you went with the SLDR and didn't like it TMAG will give you a full refund.

Absolutely recommend a fitting and as others have said all oems will full fill your request very easily. Goldsmith has 30 day playability guarantee but with proper fitting hopefully you get it right first try

I've hit the SLDR but got better results with the Covert and X Hot. I have the. X Hot 2 hybrid and I like it.

Order what ever works best for you all OEM's will be able to accommodate you custom order

I've hit the SLDR but got better results with the Covert and X Hot. I have the. X Hot 2 hybrid and I like it.

Then go somewhere you can hit all of them and whatever gives you the best numbers you should order!

Good luck

You have to go for a fitting. I went and hit some of the new drivers last week. Of all the drivers I tried, the one that performed best was my own driver with a new shaft. Internet reviews are great, but they can't substitute a proper fitting session.

I did a fitting in late December on a Trackman and I hit the X Hot pretty well. A little better than the G25. Got the X Hot off the rack but am too inconsistent with it now that I'm playing. Feels way too long. Almost like it's so long I have a hard time swinging hard. When I choke down on it I can really go after it.

I did a fitting in late December on a Trackman and I hit the X Hot pretty well. A little better than the G25. Got the X Hot off the rack but am too inconsistent with it now that I'm playing. Feels way too long. Almost like it's so long I have a hard time swinging hard. When I choke down on it I can really go after it.

Then maybe cut your current driver down and save yourself some money.

Good idea. Either way they trim the shaft at the grip end I imagine.

Okay so now I'm psyched to get this done tomorrow!

Back