SixYardDrive

Reaction score
Handicap
TBD
We received a new batch of Husqvarna z-turns today which is always cool. I stayed a bit late so I could set up the PZ 72. This thing looks like a big orange tank. The 31hp EFI Kohler engine just purred like a kitten.

What kind of zero turns are THPers using?

I once owned a Woods and loved it, but have a John Deere now.

Ferris is700z

Hustler it's a great mower but that's all it is.

Around here it's Husqvarna, SCAG and Cub Cadet. Occasionally I might get a Hustler or Bad Boy but not very often. John Deeres are rare too.

I had a cub cadet with a 15 horse Kawi for our last house .

Kohler fixed their head gasket/ valve issues they were having a couple years ago?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know of a reasonably priced consumer 30-36" walk-behind? Love my Honda HRX, but the 21 inch cutting deck is proving a bit small for my new yard (half acre)

We don't have a zero turn but did just buy a Husqvarna Yth24v48 and love it. It's a nice mower imo

Toro 4260

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

JRod - They have gotten a lot better. I'm surprised the Courage line didn't do them in. I have spent a lot of time in those and B&S Inteks this year.

jlukes - Dont see a lot of those but I have a guy with an exmark he likes but it's a commercial grade rig with the sled you ride on. May be a bit pricey.

Another Hustler user here. I considered Dixie chopper but the dealer was too far away for parts and stuff. Extremely happy with it so far.

FERRIS !!!!!!!!!! 36 horse Briggs with 60 inch cut.............it flies.

I have been very happy with my Kubota Kommander so far.

I got a cub cadet been good to me so far

Cub Cadet RZT 50" I bought about 5 years ago. Still runs like the day I bought it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We received a new batch of Husqvarna z-turns today which is always cool. I stayed a bit late so I could set up the PZ 72. This thing looks like a big orange tank. The 31hp EFI Kohler engine just purred like a kitten.

What kind of zero turns are THPers using?

Geebus, how many gallons per hour does that thing use?

To answer the question I currently don't own a ZTR, though I wouldn't mind having one for the increased mowing speed, at least where the ground is relatively smooth.

John Deere Z425. Love it.

For my money, its Dixie Chopper. Theyre the world's fastest mower. When I lived in Wisconsin, I worked for Generac, who at that time made engines for Dixie Chopper. A few times, the folks from DC would come out and tour the plant and they brought one of their mowers with them and those things were crazy.
Those of you who were fans of the, "American Chopper" TV show on TLC might remember when OCC made that Dixie Chopper bike. That bike used our of our Generac engines that we sent out to them and they chromed it up and modified it slightly for use in the bike. Pretty cool.

For my money, its Dixie Chopper. Theyre the world's fastest mower. When I lived in Wisconsin, I worked for Generac, who at that time made engines for Dixie Chopper. A few times, the folks from DC would come out and tour the plant and they brought one of their mowers with them and those things were crazy.
Those of you who were fans of the, "American Chopper" TV show on TLC might remember when OCC made that Dixie Chopper bike. That bike used our of our Generac engines that we sent out to them and they chromed it up and modified it slightly for use in the bike. Pretty cool.

When I was in college I took care of the baseball, soccer, softball, and football field during summer school. Got to class then one day and cut grass the next. Well we had a Dixie Chopper and I could cut all 4 fields in a day no problem on that thing. I loved that mower.

Back