What was your most embarrassing moment on the golf course?

mytime

My tounge betrays me.
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
Mine was awful. I was at the 1st tee stretching and taking a few swings with my driver. We were paired with a twosome I didn't know. I didn't realize that one of the guys had slipped in behind me. I caught him right between the legs with my back swing.(which at the time was very quick) Needless to say he did not find it funny at all. I couldn't look him in the eye all day, I still shudder at the thought of it. Please tell me one of you has done something worse.

Well it was my first year as a member at Rossmere CC and i went into the Junior open. It was groupings of 5 i believe and all the groups were at teh first tee box so around 30ish people. Went up to the tee box to hit... i sliced so much i went more left then forward and ended up on the ninth whole fairway which is directly over trees and about 100-150 yards to the left of us. Pretty embarrasing hit, of course i was only 12 at the time

Years ago, while we were waiting on the group ahead of us to clear so wee could tee off I was mimicking Bill Murray in Caddyshack (when he was watching the women golfers while standing by the ball washer . . . and the group behind us came around the corner towards the tee box we were on. They stayed well behind us the rest of the way.

i have 2

the first was hitting it ob 3 times in a row off the tee during a school match. my group left me to finish the hole and went on to play the next one. ended up making a 13 on that hole.

the second, and worst, was topping my ball 20 yards off the tee on the first day of this years highschool state tournament. probably 100 people watching, mostly parents and college coaches. it was horrendous but i recovered very well fortunately

This also happened many years ago. A friend and I were at the first tee. We were just called to the tee box and there was a lot of people waiting to go off behind us. He was taking practice swings as he was going to tee off first, when all of a sudden we hear this "SWOOSH! SWOOSH! SWOOSH!" noise, and all you see is his driver looking like a helicopter propeller flying down the fairway, way up in the air! He had to look around, the walk out to his club, which landed about 75 yards away, and walk back with everyone watching him.

He actually hit a decent drive on that hole, and as we were driving away, he said he had never been more embarrassed than he was then! So while not my moment, it was one I witnessed!

I didn't realize that one of the guys had slipped in behind me. I caught him right between the legs with my back swing.(which at the time was very quick)

That's his fault, if you ask me.

It's not worse, but when I was playing around with my favorite pro golfer the other day, I actually managed to hit my own self with my ball. First and only time I've done that one.

That's his fault, if you ask me.

It's not worse, but when I was playing around with my favorite pro golfer the other day, I actually managed to hit my own self with my ball. First and only time I've done that one.

I was playing in a tournament a few years ago and my drive landed on a mound with an uphill lie. I hit wedge and the shot ended up landing 8ft of the pin but when I was on the downswing the impact of the club forced the butt end of the grip right into my private areas. There were a few spectators just walking the course and I literally fell over with the worst stomach pain.

A buddy and I were paired up with 2 people we didn't know. The 2nd hole was a 130-yard par 3.

I had honors and hit so far behind the ball ... and so deep ... that I was surprised the club came out of the ground at all. The only way the ball left the tee was when the divot (which was about 4 inches HIGH ... high, not long), knocked the ball off the tee. My buddy almost pi$$ed himself laughing.

So far the most embarrassing thing for me has been swinging HARD on my tee shot to get that couple extra yards and totally whiffing.

There was a round about 7 years ago. I was playing in my works outing. On one of the back nine holes it ran along the parking lot. My grandfather was teeing off first and I told him not to hit a car. He didn't. I think I teed off third. SLICED my drive and hit a car about 6 or 8 rows deep in the parking lot. We didn't go looking for that ball. Oops.

Playing with 4 other people I didn't know. Topping 2 drives into water about 20 yards ahead of me. It was just a little stream too, dont know how i hit it.

Uphill tee shot. Mine hit the cart path and rolled right back down to where I stood.

Uphill tee shot. Mine hit the cart path and rolled right back down to where I stood.

Haha, that's ok...I saw a guy do a chip onto a green, it rolled off the green, back down to him, on past him for a few more feet, and into the storm drain...

I WAS NOT going to laugh. But everyone else started chuckling and laughing so I broke.

Played a scramble at The Tribute, and #17 there is the same as #17 at St Andrews, complete with carry over the barn to get into the fairway. I managed to hit the rock wall, and lose my ball in the grass ~30 yards in front of me. Tee'd up another, did the same thing again.

After we played (it took me 10 holes to make a shot that we used, it was a pathetic day on an amazing course) I went back to 17 to try to clear that damn barn. Well, I managed to put 5 more balls into the wall, it had me psyched out. I'll play it again some time this spring, and I hope to pull it off then.

http://thetributegolflinks.nemexinc.com/17.cfm

Having to take back a cart on the first hole after I was messing around driving in the trees and hit a stump. I busted the windshield with my head and broke the steering wheel off with my ribs. They were cool about it and I was able to play the round out with bruised rib and a headache.

Having to take back a cart on the first hole after I was messing around driving in the trees and hit a stump. I busted the windshield with my head and broke the steering wheel off with my ribs. They were cool about it and I was able to play the round out with bruised rib and a headache.

Ouch! Was there beer involved? lol

:D:act-up:Makes me feel great that im not the only one!!!!

It had rained pretty bad the night before we went to go play so the greens were really wet and muddy. I went to take my shot off the fairway, completely missed the ball, instead I hit straight mud and it went everywhere. I had it all over my clothes, my face, and in my hair. I had to finish the entire round covered in mud, I was so embarrassed.

I got invited to play in a scramble tournament that a supplier was putting on for their customers. I'm in a group with my cousin and 2 other guys that I hadn't seen since we played little league football together a long time ago. On a par 5 we go to hit our second shot, pull the 5 wood. Actually tell the guys " I hate this club, just can't hit it.". I topped the ball so bad it popped straight up in the air and I was able to catch it,lol. I couldn't do anything but tell them "I told you so". It was embarrassing and funny, we all had a good laugh.

Played 18 today with JB, amollerud and his lovely lady. Everything was going great until I hit a shot right into the cart path and I am pretty sure the ball hit one person then bounced off him and hit the person next to them. I guess I should have yelled 'fore'.

Oh the BEST part of the whole thing was the pro shop employee who was standing there watching the entire thing. He came over to pick up a dead cart and instead almost took a golf ball to the head. I am not sure I can show my face at the shop for a while.

Played 18 today with JB, amollerud and his lovely lady. Everything was going great until I hit a shot right into the cart path and I am pretty sure the ball hit one person then bounced off him and hit the person next to them. I guess I should have yelled 'fore'.

Or "eight".

Smallie, I was in teh cart with her and didnt have the nerve to take the blame.

I'd feed Jacqui to the wolves if she did that! LOL

I was laughing with you not at you....hehe

Back