Callaway FT-IQ Unboxing

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Here are some early pics of the driver sent over from Callaway. We will get to work on this one soon.

459755360_Jasaf-L-1.jpg

459755441_AWE3q-L-1.jpg

459755530_nJMQd-L-1.jpg

Another Callaway product my ex brother-in-law will be drooling over! He'll probably have one of these when we play this season. Not just because they are good, but because they are Callaways! He's Mr. Loyal to That Brand!

These look great, but IMO last year's performed better on my swing.

Even though I bought an FT-5 last year, I bought it without ever hitting the FT-i. Wondering if that was a mistake ...

I'd say no Grooger, the Ft-i of last year did what it said it was supposed to, but just wasn't long compared to others. I think the FT-5 will be a strong club for awhile yet. I still wouldn't finding one with the right shaft.

• Admin
Scooter,
It is different for everyone. The FT-I and IQ for that matter are made to reduce spin and fly straight. They do it very well.

That I do know. Just saying, performance I prefer last year's stock options better than than this years', but the white Fubuki looks so sexy!

i really want this driver. however, i like my FT-i too, so im finding it hard to spend another $350-$400 (ebay prices) on another driver right now... but, i'll prolly end up buying one anyway

is Callaway letting you keep this one JB? :)

Even though I bought an FT-5 last year, I bought it without ever hitting the FT-i. Wondering if that was a mistake ...

i demo'd the FT-5 and the FT-i and fell in love with the FT-i immediately. by far the most forgiving, and straightest driver i ever hit. and lengthwise, i found it to be roughly the same

I hit the FT-5 fairly well, but I'd be willing to lose 20 yards of distance to gain more accuracy.

That I do know. Just saying, performance I prefer last year's stock options better than than this years', but the white Fubuki looks so sexy!

AMEN!!!

Not a callaway fan.....but that FUBUKI SHAFT!!!!!!! MMMMMMmmmmMMM

Ive hit this thing quite a few times, its pretty long and straight. Im interested to see what THP thinks.

RS,
We do not get to keep too much stuff and when we do, we give it away here.

jb let me know what u think of the shaft. im not a square driver person but im always up for hearing about a shaft haha

So we went out this morning and had myself and 3 golfers with me to try this thing out. First impressions are that when the headcover comes off, it looks a little ugly. At address it is not so bad though. That is where the disaster stops and the fun begins.

This driver is straight and long. No horrible sound either. Most of the players that tried it this morning play a fade and fight a slice. This thing is just straight. It feels great and the Kabukui shaft is wonderfully.

I feel like they were lacking in the headcover department. Kind of boring.

You got that right Gasman. It is a pain to get on and off too.

You got that right Gasman. It is a pain to get on and off too.

just another reason to go order a Jan Craig cover :beauty:

Or a Daphnes

Or a Daphnes

yup.... whatever you prefer THP has us covered. Traditional or something a little more interesting and bold in your bag.

I hit the FT-5 fairly well, but I'd be willing to lose 20 yards of distance to gain more accuracy.

you will not lose 20 yards, no way. 5 yards, maybe, if even that

You will not lose any with this thing Grogger.

Ugh ... now I'm going to have to hit one this year.

@#$%#$!#$!@#$!

Ugh ... now I'm going to have to hit one this year.

@#$%#$!#$!@#$!

you will prolly end up buying one after you hit it :banana:

Back