THP versus Golfwrx

Status
Not open for further replies.

MontyV

Reaction score
Handicap
soaring
Just curious. Trust me I like this forum better. I'm just wondering though what all of you think is the difference between these two golf forums. Golfwrx seems very magazine style reviews where I don't feel like the reviews would help me much or even appeal to me much. On THP it feels more real for some reason. I don't know how to explain it.

I'm not trying to start a war here :bicker: :angel:

No war and we welcome the insights. My personal view of WRX is that they have some amazing posters there and the wealth of knowledge available on that site is gigantic. But I also felt as though it was not very personal. I know we have a lot of subforums, but they have A TON OF THEM. You can get lost in there. But overall, I think the site is a great source of information.

yeah it definately has a wealth of info there. I know what attracts many of my friends is that they always seem to do those spy photos of new releases equipment. It's funny though the site seems like it is definately too nested and maybe that is why it feels like it has no community. I mean you see posts that have like 1 reply but 7000 views. So yes I agree not as personal.

That's about how I see it, JB. I go there to look at lefty gear, because the marketplace is huge and the deals can be great, and I also like to read some of the experts chattering about the golf swing, because there are some people there who really know what they're saying. However, I come here much more often, and it's for the personal camraderie and chit chat with known posters, and the equipment reviews are more personal, as well.

I do know that they were not happy we got the R9 TP and the DYMO before they did....hehe. Just kidding.

We think that GolfWRX is a great site. In fact there are tons of great sites out there. However we just do things a little different here. I think we are more female friendly. We put out more UNBIASED reviews. We have ZERO ADS. We have the best forum members in the world. And we are the only site that I know of that if we test it and get to keep it, we give it away.

This site is soooooooooooo much more personal, it is like a family and I feel I know everyone. I`m sure you guys want it to grow but I selfishly want it to stay smaller. I think the reviews that JB and GG do are great and HONEST.

i am not a fan of wrx. a few of their mods are horrible. seems like wrx is more for the gear heads though. i do go there to read posts and do research, and i agree there is a wealth of knowledge there, but i dont post anymore. and yeah, i like their marketplace too. but a lot of the posters are rude, arrogant, and if you dont have 1000 posts, your opinion means nothing. this is the friendliest site ive EVER been on. i love the unbiased & honest reviews, and everybody here doesnt use X Flex shafts, lol....

well... they are a very technical site. you can have some long conversations with them about different shafts, their materials, what construction style creates a tighter dispersion record, playability between shaft manufacturers... etc etc etc

in that light they are a great resource but in general, it's an incredibly dry forum... it's pretty boring most of the time

No war and we welcome the insights. My personal view of WRX is that they have some amazing posters there and the wealth of knowledge available on that site is gigantic. But I also felt as though it was not very personal. I know we have a lot of subforums, but they have A TON OF THEM. You can get lost in there. But overall, I think the site is a great source of information.

I agree with the wealth of knowledge and not very personal. However, I have a major compliant with a some of the posters on WRX (not all of them, but a large number). Here is an example: I created a topic on this site regarding a round of golf with 3 other guys. I explained the entire round in detail (FW, GIRs, U&D, putts, etc). The individuals that I played against were very rude and unsportsmanlike. I asked the question of everyone, why do guys hate losing to girls?

This opened up a hornets nest. I received some great feedback, but also a large amount of hateration. I was asked detailed questions, like: how far do you drive the ball, my ss, what do I normally shoot, etc. Then when I replied, I was crucified. It got real nasty and individuals were kicked off the site by marshalls. I saw jealousy, hatred, etc come out in those 1500 posts under my topic. I finally asked WRX to remove the topic and never looked back.

I was told about this site (THP) and checked it out. I must say that the individual that recommended me was correct. You know who you are. This is an excellent site with great people, all mature with great topics, etc.

I agree with the wealth of knowledge and not very personal. However, I have a major compliant with a some of the posters on WRX (not all of them, but a large number). Here is an example: I created a topic on this site regarding a round of golf with 3 other guys. I explained the entire round in detail (FW, GIRs, U&D, putts, etc). The individuals that I played against were very rude and unsportsmanlike. I asked the question of everyone, why do guys hate losing to girls?

This opened up a hornets nest. I received some great feedback, but also a large amount of hateration. I was asked detailed questions, like: how far do you drive the ball, my ss, what do I normally shoot, etc. Then when I replied, I was crucified. It got real nasty and individuals were kicked off the site by marshalls. I saw jealousy, hatred, etc come out in those 1500 posts under my topic. I finally asked WRX to remove the topic and never looked back.

I was told about this site (THP) and checked it out. I must say that the individual that recommended me was correct. You know who you are. This is an excellent site with great people, all mature with great topics, etc.

i remember reading that thread! you are absolutely right. there are some major haters on that site.

They have some great reading on there, but like JB said, I get overwhelmed by the directory. I also noticed the mob style mantallity when they dont agree with somebody.

Just to reitterate, just in case this gets found by a WRX forum member who feels we are ripping on them, I like the site just not as personal. It just seems that alot of people recommend based on their own findings and not to my particular style. Yes and as CG said if you are not a post ***** then you don't matter.

THP has been very inviting so far. I found this site when I was on a mission to find a putter.

Registered there but have never posted, just don't like a site that's so big & impersonal. I have read a few topics & some of the posters really do appear to be full of themselves.

Sure there is a wealth of knowledge to be found but you need to wade thru a ton of garbage to find it.

I prefer smaller sites with friendly banter back & forth between the members such as here at THP.

Im a regular poster over at GolfWRX and I find the forum to be too big (it takes forever to read through all the new threads every day), too impersonal and I find many of the people over there to be downright rude.

Just curious. Trust me I like this forum better. I'm just wondering though what all of you think is the difference between these two golf forums. Golfwrx seems very magazine style reviews where I don't feel like the reviews would help me much or even appeal to me much. On THP it feels more real for some reason. I don't know how to explain it.

I'm not trying to start a war here :bicker: :angel:

you're pretty much comparing WalMart to a corner store.

I dont think that is the case at all.

The only time I've ever used that site was when googling for different equipment or such and they came up as a hit. Usually the information was pretty good, but didn't like the style of their actual reviews.

This site is a lot more laid back IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back