907golfer12

Makin a comeback!
Reaction score
Handicap
What is your favorite course?

What is the course you want to play but haven't yet, and actually have a chance to play?

What is a course that you want to play, but will never get the chance?

My favorite course is probably Wailea Emerald. I like it because it is a great layout, the course is always in great condition, plus I shot my first round in the 70's there.

The course that I want to play and can play is the Old Course at St. Andrews. It's golf's home, it has so much history there, and it would probably be very challenging.

One of my friends got to play there last September, and he said it was so much fun to play it.

The course that I want to play but will never get the chance is Baltusrol. Looks like a really great track, has had Tour events there, and looks like it's also always in good condition.

What is your favorite course?
Newport Country Club, Newport, RI

What is the course you want to play but haven't yet, and actually have a chance to play?
TPC Sawgrass

What is a course that you want to play, but will never get the chance?
Augusta

Fav Course - Innisbrook Copperhead
Havent but could - Old Memorial - I will get on this course before the end of 09.
Never get the chance - Augusta of course.

Newport Country Club, Newport, RI

JEALOUS!

My favorite course is Ballybunion Golf Club, was fortunate enough to play on a beautiful, dry September day.

I would love to play Augusta National... I'd actually give a testicle to play there, I'm being serious (no, really)

JEALOUS!
I would love to play Augusta National... I'd actually give a testicle to play there, I'm being serious (no, really)

Yours or someone else's? :bulgy-eyes:

I only played Newport once and I'm positive I'll never get the chance again. THE most amazing day of golf. We only got to play because the president of my company was invited by a vendor, whose brother was the Superintendent at Wannamoisett Country Club in RI.

We were one of only two foursomes on the course that day. You know the club is exclusive when every parking spot has a plaque with the member's name on it. We were nervous about even parking!

its a classy track... I've never been there but its only an hour from me.

I have only played three class courses really, maybe four

1.) Ballybunion Golf Club
2) Lahinch Golf Club
3.) The Country Club

I might throw Sankaty in there but its not ranked in the top100, so probably not upper echelon

Favorite - Baltusrol's Lower Course, Shackamaxon, Plainfield CC

Haven't but could - Pine Valley, Bethpage Black

Never happen - Augusta, Hamilton Farm

Favorites: Abaco at Winding Bay, Roxiticus

Will probably play: Baltusrol, Chambers Bay, Hamilton Farm (why will you never play that one, SS?)

Will never play: never say never, but I can't see myself getting to the mid- or far east.

Favorites: Abaco at Winding Bay, Roxiticus

Will probably play: Baltusrol, Chambers Bay, Hamilton Farm (why will you never play that one, SS?)

Will never play: never say never, but I can't see myself getting to the mid- or far east.

I guess I shouldn't say never, I just can't seem to find anyone that's a member there. I was thinking if I'm rich at 55 I could always buy some real estate there, which comes with a membership. I think houses start at 2 million.
What do you think of Roxiticus? My practice is not too far from Bernardsville and I have a few clubs that I have been scoping out with intentions of joining in the next 5 - 10 yrs. Roxiticus is one of them. Others are Somerset Hills and Baltusrol. I keep my eyes open to meet members in these club because you have no chance getting in without sponsors.

What is your favorite course? Pacific Grove Municipal near Carmel, California.

What is the course you want to play but haven't yet, and actually have a chance to play? Pebble Beach Golf Links

What is a course that you want to play, but will never get the chance? Augusta National.

I guess I shouldn't say never, I just can't seem to find anyone that's a member there. I was thinking if I'm rich at 55 I could always buy some real estate there, which comes with a membership. I think houses start at 2 million.
What do you think of Roxiticus? My practice is not too far from Bernardsville and I have a few clubs that I have been scoping out with intentions of joining in the next 5 - 10 yrs. Roxiticus is one of them. Others are Somerset Hills and Baltusrol. I keep my eyes open to meet members in these club because you have no chance getting in without sponsors.

There's an annual event at Hamilton Farms to raise money for a school for autistic kids. Only $1,000 per head--I'm sure they'd be happy to put you on the mailing list! (I think it's only $500 for the par 3) We always seem to have a conflict that day.

Roxiticus is a gorgeous, gorgeous course. The only flat ground is the tee boxes. Halfway through the back nine, I thought my shoulders would never straighten out. The downside is driving home at night from there after a couple of drinks. Seriously--we have friends who gave up a membership when they got into a closer club, largely because of that.

What is your favorite course? Pacific Grove Municipal near Carmel, California.

What is the course you want to play but haven't yet, and actually have a chance to play? Pebble Beach Golf Links

What is a course that you want to play, but will never get the chance? Augusta National.

I like your style Smallville.

There's an annual event at Hamilton Farms to raise money for a school for autistic kids. Only $1,000 per head--I'm sure they'd be happy to put you on the mailing list! (I think it's only $500 for the par 3) We always seem to have a conflict that day.

Roxiticus is a gorgeous, gorgeous course. The only flat ground is the tee boxes. Halfway through the back nine, I thought my shoulders would never straighten out. The downside is driving home at night from there after a couple of drinks. Seriously--we have friends who gave up a membership when they got into a closer club, largely because of that.

Thanks, Claire. Just put my name on the list. Now I can remove it from the never list.:D

Thanks, Claire. Just put my name on the list. Now I can remove it from the never list.:D

Gary, you got here before I got back. I am so sorry. I made that flip remark about the event and didn't even think about your daughter. :foot-in-mouth: Would have finessed it very differently if my brain had been in gear.

Isn't there supposed to be some swanky club on Todt Hill? That's closer to you.

Gary, you got here before I got back. I am so sorry. I made that flip remark about the event and didn't even think about your daughter. :foot-in-mouth: Would have finessed it very differently if my brain had been in gear.

Isn't there supposed to be some swanky club on Todt Hill? That's closer to you.

No worries, Claire. I knew what you meant. I've been dealing with this a long time and am not an overly sensitive person. If they do have a charity event there, especially an event for autism, I'll be there.

The club your talking about is Richmond County CC. The course is great but the restaurant is not. My wife is not into golf but we love to go out to nice dinners so the club would have to have great food. Also, we're thinking of moving closer to my office in the next couple of years.

Golden Eagles Golf Course (north) is my favourite course to play. Lots of challenges and beautiful scenery.......

.thumb~260x178_24808.jpg

1) - What is your favorite course?

2) - What is the course you want to play but haven't yet, and actually have a chance to play?

3) - What is a course that you want to play, but will never get the chance?

My favorite course is probably Wailea Emerald. I like it because it is a great layout, the course is always in great condition, plus I shot my first round in the 70's there.

The course that I want to play and can play is the Old Course at St. Andrews. It's golf's home, it has so much history there, and it would probably be very challenging.

One of my friends got to play there last September, and he said it was so much fun to play it.

The course that I want to play but will never get the chance is Baltusrol. Looks like a really great track, has had Tour events there, and looks like it's also always in good condition.

1) - It's a tossup. They're both Jeffrey Brauer designed courses, and they're both local. Indian Creek (Creeks course) http://www.indiancreekgolfclub.com/layout9.asp?id=154&page=2330 and Tangle Ridge http://www.tangleridge.com/ You'll use every club in your bag when you play them. They're tough, but fair, if you think your way through it. He designs courses for players that use strategy. I like that. I'm not the longest hitter, but I can score nearly as well as my buddies who do hit it long, just because I can lay up in safe landing zones.

2) - Torrey Pines. It's expensive as hell for an out-of-towner, but it's one of those courses that would be worth playing just for the magical experience. I'm hoping maybe to play it some time this coming year when we're out there for a race.

3) - Geeze, where to start... Augusta, Brookline, St Andrews, any of the Troon courses.

1)

3) - Geeze, where to start... Augusta, Brookline, St Andrews, any of the Troon courses.

what... hey man, never doubt your future. St Andrews and Troon are reachable goals. They are around 300 bucks a round but if its one those special golf vacations its worth it

I've played Brookline more than 20 times, its a great course

Locally: Red Tail; Tedesco CC
Away: Dunes Golf and Beach in Myrtle; OCN Panther Lake in Orlando

Favorite I've Played:
Kapalua Plantation - first "Tour" course I have gotten to play, besides how can you go wrong with golf on Maui.

Want to Play (Possible):
TPC Sawgrass - I would probably shoot 120, but if I could just hit the green at 17 :smile-big:

Want to Play (Impossible):
Augusta National - After getting to go to a couple days at the Masters, I would of course jump at the chance to play, but I would feel like I am disturbing holy ground.

Ive mentioned this before, but one of the teaching pros at my club holds the 9 hole record at TPC Sawgrass with a 28. RocketSauce got a chance to play with him recently.

Back