scooterguitar

Slacker and Whiner
Reaction score
Handicap
3-8perhole
How do we make a poll?

I never have used them and always think they look silly or that they'll make me look like an old man:arrogant: Lately, I've been thinking about using them to keep my irons nicer, that way when I trade or sell them each week they'll look better!

Thoughts>???Old manified or alright?
If so, any links to some cool ones?

I never have used them and always think they look silly or that they'll make me look like an old man:arrogant:

I would think they'd make you look like an Iron Man...

(Hehe, first thought there. Seriously - worry not what others think when your resale value is through the roof.)

I personally don't like the iron cover look. I like when the clubs get that bag chatter, it's shows their integrity :smile:.

Although if I had iron headcovers I would have these ones that I have seen, they have plastic on the part that covers the sole so you can see the iron number on it.

(sorry, can't find a picture, and don't know who makes them)

I have a Bag Boy Revolver so no need for one since they are locked in. But it does not bother me that others have them. I appreciate the fact that others take care of their things.

I bought some when I bought the irons I am still using today. In fact I think they were called "Castle Bay" or something similar. I only used them for a while, I couldn't stand taking them off and putting them back on during the round. But after the round, I always put them back on. Well USED to, I quit using them entirely a couple years after I got them. But I wish I still did, I just can't do it!

What I thought...mixed feelings:>)

Thing is, I've never really seen any that look cool at all, someone could make some cash there I bet.

I almost bought the Revolver myself, still might...thing is I sometimes throw extra clubs in the bag for testing.

I have a Bennington Quiet Organizer 10. No rattling at all in my bag (but I don't care for iron covers anyway).

There are a few extra slots if needed.

I just think they look kind of goofy... for me, I'd be annoyed having to take them off every time and making sure I didn't lose them.

Bag chatter doesn't bother me

Mike,
Since I got this bag, it is no turning back.

Any others using these?

Hey Scooter.. you do not want to use them on a forged iron... the covers trap moisture on the club head.

Moisture = Rust

I just think they look kind of goofy... for me, I'd be annoyed having to take them off every time and making sure I didn't lose them.

Bag chatter doesn't bother me

Agreed on all aspects.

Im a no go on the iron covers too. I have a hard enough time keeping track of my woods and hybrids covers, I think it would just be one more thing. Plus I also think they look funny in your bag.

I've got some on my old set of clubs. I'm still trying to decide if I want to get some for my new clubs. The ones I have I got pretty cheap at Kmart. They are just black neoprene (I'm sure I spelled that wrong) they all have numbers on the outside so I know what club I am grabbing. When I use a club, I pull it out of the bag, put the cover in my back pocket, hit my shot, and then the cover goes back on. That way I don't lose and covers. Although I did lose one early on so now my PW is naked as a jaybird.

I had them on the set of clubs I learned to play with (dad's old Wilson blades, circa 1973). I used them for a bit, but it was just too annoying to constantly be taking them off and put them back on so I gave up and they lived in the bottom of the garment pocket.

I've got some on my old set of clubs. I'm still trying to decide if I want to get some for my new clubs. The ones I have I got pretty cheap at Kmart. They are just black neoprene (I'm sure I spelled that wrong) they all have numbers on the outside so I know what club I am grabbing. When I use a club, I pull it out of the bag, put the cover in my back pocket, hit my shot, and then the cover goes back on. That way I don't lose and covers. Although I did lose one early on so now my PW is naked as a jaybird.

honestly, they aren't neccessary unless you want your clubs to look immaculate at all times. I don't mind the bag chatter and I've never experienced any affect on the playablity of the irons.

honestly, they aren't neccessary unless you want your clubs to look immaculate at all times. I don't mind the bag chatter and I've never experienced any affect on the playablity of the irons.

I probably won't get any for my new clubs. I got some for my old set because I wanted to keep my clubs as nice as possible. They were a gift for me so I wanted to take care of them. The bag chatter is nice now that most courses did away with the metal spikes. Love that sound.

Back