2009 LPGA Tour Schedule

Ricearoni

Reaction score
Handicap
The 2009 LPGA schedule should be published in November. Given our current economic woes, corporate sponsorship will be more important than ever. I sometimes get inside info on LPGA stuff, and if I do, I'll try to remember to pass it on here. I did see some good news in today's S.F.Chronicle:

"Longs deal done: As expected, LPGA and Blackhawk officials have signed their agreement to keep the Longs Drugs Challenge in Danville through 2010. The dates for next year's event are uncertain, though they probably will be in September, not October."

I have a call into my friend at the LPGA and we hope to have an interview with her next week regarding this very issue.

I have a call into my friend at the LPGA and we hope to have an interview with her next week regarding this very issue.

Excellent!

Based on what's happening right now, my sense is that the LPGA playing schedule is heading east, along with the roster.

Any word on the Sybase Classic? That's where I always volunteer. And now that I think of it, the organization running the tourney hasn't been emailing me for an early signup. I'm not sure if that's the LPGA or Octagon's total disorganization.

The LPGA website has a blurb up that the Sybase-Shoprite is definitely on for next year. Hooray!

Just noticed that about Sybase - it's good to see these dates confirmed. It's likely we'll go to the Michelob during the prior week, then Sybase.

Just noticed that about Sybase - it's good to see these dates confirmed. It's likely we'll go to the Michelob during the prior week, then Sybase.

Cool! We'll have to find a way to meet. I'll be in the navy blue polo shirt and khaki pants. Like the hundreds of other volunteers...

I'd like to see the LPGA come to New England... I'd definitely check it out. I tried my hardest to get passes for US open at Newport CC but they were a lot harder to get than I expected

I'd like to see the LPGA come to New England... I'd definitely check it out. I tried my hardest to get passes for US open at Newport CC but they were a lot harder to get than I expected

I played there!! The us open is back in PA this year so if I make it again I'll get you a pass :) They give you about 50 haha.

I played there!! The us open is back in PA this year so if I make it again I'll get you a pass :) They give you about 50 haha.

sounds good! How'd you like the course? It's one of the hardest courses to get on around here. I've managed rounds at The Country Club, host of the 99 ryder cup, yet have come up dry with this one.

Ok - I've had a sneak peak at the 2009 schedule - this is just tentative - offcial schedule should be out next week. Anyway, there are some interesting changes. In February, the Fields event (Hawaii) is being replaced by an event in Thailand. For June, the Jamie Farr is still listed. (There were lots of rumors about this one being dropped.) In August, the Canadan Open flipped dates with Portland Oregon, so Portland will be played first, then Canada - new location for this one in Calgary. The Longs will be in September, so for sure we'll be volunteering at the President's Cup in SF in October. The rest of the events are more or less in their usual dates and locations, including Michelob, Sybase, and Corning during three successive weeks in May. 33 Events in all. Hope funding stays in place for these events.

Ok - I've had a sneak peak at the 2009 schedule - this is just tentative - offcial schedule should be out next week. Anyway, there are some interesting changes. In February, the Fields event (Hawaii) is being replaced by an event in Thailand. For June, the Jamie Farr is still listed. (There were lots of rumors about this one being dropped.) In August, the Canadan Open flipped dates with Portland Oregon, so Portland will be played first, then Canada - new location for this one in Calgary. The Longs will be in September, so for sure we'll be volunteering at the President's Cup in SF in October. The rest of the events are more or less in their usual dates and locations, including Michelob, Sybase, and Corning during three successive weeks in May. 33 Events in all. Hope funding stays in place for these events.

Thanks, Rice! They really moved Jamie Farr up in the schedule. I'm so glad it's staying. I just love the whole idea of it.

The big press conference today, with the bottom line appearing to be "not as bad as it could have been."

Official money events down to 31 (34 this year). Total money down to about $55 million, from a bit over $60 million this year. Average purse down about $10,000, to $1.76 million or so.

We'll keep our fingers crossed.

I saw the same info Claire. It looks like it will not be as bad as we originally thought.

Back