The Ultimate Shoe Thread...

DDBowdoin

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
well my friends... here it is! the ultimate shoe thread

there are so many brands, so many styles, so many color combinations. what are your favorite shoes and why?

also, probably one of the biggest questions at hand is do you value fashion over function or vice versa...

Fashion and Function must coexist. I have always been an FJ guy. Craig can attest to my mini collection. But since I got a chance to review the Nikes (you can see the main site for that), I have been wearing the Nike's almost exclusively. They feel great, and have some style to them. I have almost every kind though. Have to match the outfits.

I hear you on coexisting. I have a pretty nice golf collection... pretty good mix as well.

I have a pair of:

1 pair of Footjoy Dry Joy Classic Premiers (white/orange inlay)
2 pairs of Footjoy Dry Joy Pro's (black/brown and all white)
Ecco Hydromax (all white)
Ecco World Class GTX (all white)
Ecco Classic Crossfire (brown/ dark brown)
Adidas 360 Tour II Sergio Garcia Limited (white/clementime/red)

I either go with the all white or a crazy color... unfortunately its hard tracking down shoes that are loud, most of instock shoes at my local stores are pretty standard

i have a pair of Nike's, very comfy but my Bite's are by far the most comfortable to wear. they have that wide toe box design, great for my triple eee's. and i'll be letting you know how my Adida MudSkippers work out(i have a thread), two rounds coming up this soggy weekend.

btw, i also have Tommy Armours(2 pair), and a pair of Callaway.

and my motto is function first,then form.

I have a healthy mix of "cart" and walking shoes. It's interesting that the higher end shoes are less comfortable... but they look damn good. It's just something I have to put up with. 36 in the ecco world class' will hurt the feet (a lot)

There has been a similar thread on this, so at the risk of being repetitive ... I love my eccos. Very comfortable, work well, totally waterproof (gotta love goretex) & Euro fashionable.

[Harry L, I sense your 'Ecco presence' here. Chime in when you're ready]

Unfortunately I appear to be a bit behind my North American colleagues b/c I only have one pair of golf shoes. :disapointed:

Whatever the case, I keep them polished & looked after. :smile-big:

Im an Ecco man too. I have a pair of the Hydromax and the Classic saddles. Im about to pick up another pair, the guy at the Ecco store by my house is claiming there is a lot of new ones coming out soon. I have Ecco suit shoes and a pair I wear if I go to a club too. Man im not usually loyal to one brand, but I make an exception to Ecco.

[Harry L, I sense your 'Ecco presence' here. Chime in when you're ready]

I am a big fan of Eccos. The Flexor line is the only shoe I've found that truly fits my wide forefoot and narrow heel (relative to each other) and the quality is exceptional.

They are pricey, however.

38454-51226-t.jpg
38464-00172-t.jpg
38424-53358-t.jpg

I am quite fortunate. One of the largest golf shoe places is golf locker. They have only ONE retail store and it happens to be in Tampa. They get the MyJoy blems. The ones that people send back because they dont like them. They are usually only $79.95 and are great shoes. My black and yellow ones that many know are from there.

I seem to be in the minority here. I have one pair of DryJoys and have had them for the past 4 seasons.

Does that make me a bad person?

lol. wouldn't be possible for me. 100 rounds in the past 12 months(always walk unless power carts are mandatory), moist conditions, shoes don't last 4 years.

I have about 100 rounds in the last 4 years. Only walked about 5 of those.

I have

• FJ DryJoy Pro (Black/White)
  • Nike SP-8 TW (Black)
  • Adidas Tour 360 II (White/Tan/Black)

They all look great, are great for walking in, and fit my wider foot pretty well.

With my funky feet, Eccos and Foot-Joys are the only shoes I've found I can wear. Eccos feel better, but not $100 a pair better. So I have white (with pink argyle) and black Foot-Joys.

Sandbaggers look totally adorable, but I need to try shoes on before I buy them, and I haven't found them in a store.

Golfer Gal has those same FJ's. Along with a bunch of others. She is now hooked on the shoe kick like me. But she is in love with the Nikes. The new Nikes that came out for women she swears are more comfy than her FJ's

I where white tour 360 3.0's when i play in tournaments. they feel good and i have been an adidas fan because i walk alot and i think adidas has done the best job of incorporating a running shoe feel into a good looking golf shoe. i also have some white powerbands that i use at the range and stuff like that. they are extremely comfortable but i have found them a little bit bulky. i am probably going to pick up some footjoy classics dry premiers here shortly because i love the look and not many people have them

One thing I forgot to mention about golf shoes is I can't get excited by the alternatives to lacing up shoes put forward the manufacturers.

This is nothing against Footjoy but they have the BOA Lacing System™ which they describe as:
Unlike traditional laces, this lacing system allows you to dial in for a more precise and consitent fit.​

My memory is a bit grainy but there may another manufacturer that has a similar laceless contraption.

But to me, they look :silly:

Until there's something that looks better than the big knob jutting out at the heel of the shoe, give me laces anyday.

The FJ BOA system is a thing of beauty.

One thing I forgot to mention about golf shoes is I can't get excited by the alternatives to lacing up shoes put forward the manufacturers.

This is nothing against Footjoy but they have the BOA Lacing System™ which they describe as:
Unlike traditional laces, this lacing system allows you to dial in for a more precise and consitent fit.​

My memory is a bit grainy but there may another manufacturer that has a similar laceless contraption.

But to me, they look :silly:

Until there's something that looks better than the big knob jutting out at the heel of the shoe, give me laces anyday.

Brad-

The Boa lacing system started out in snowboarding boots as an alternative to laces, which eventually loosened and resulted in the dreaded "heel lift" (i.e., less leverage for toe-side turns).

They were a pretty big flop in snowboarding. First, they aren't as customizable as laces (i.e., tight over foot, loose over ankle, etc). Second, they had a tendency to get stuck when tightened. That is, the wire would get tangled inside the dial and you couldn't release them. I have friends that had to cut the wire to get out of their boots. Well, technically, I had to cut them out of their boots.

Personally, laces work just fine for me in shoes. I don't lace up my shoes 1/2 as tight as my snowboard boots, so lace slippage isn't an issue. Besides, it's pretty easy to re-tie your shoes while golfing.

Personally, laces work just fine for me in shoes. ... Besides, it's pretty easy to re-tie your shoes while golfing.

I agree. I just do a double bow before each game & they never come undone.

These are the shoes that I wore through the summer until the rain started. I didn't like seeing the mud build up on them (I hate a dirty shoe) on some of the soggy courses:

FootJoy%20SoftJoys%20Ladies%20Athletic%20Golf%20Shoesmall.jpg

Then I bought these for the fall early winter season. I can't find a pic of the actual colour, but it is this shoe....only mine is black with a black and white stripe on the side.

2767_225.jpeg

And lastly - my newest purchase, which I wore today was a great find. Oregon Mudders, for the wet rainy weather. They also keep your foot nice and warm:

CM-200.jpg

I'm sure the BOA works really well, but I feel like David Bowie out there in those things... like my feet are going to take off into space with ziggy stardust

I would LOVE to get my hands on a pair of Adidas LTD (all black, white stripes)

those shoes are ILL, but 250... maybe not

Golfgirl, that second pair must be totally cool in black. Very jealous here.:egyptian:

And sort of on topic--there's a replacement soft spike everyone raves about. I forget the brand, but one of you gearheads will pop out with it instantly. Anyway, its seems to me that spikes could get a lot more fun. It's the same old, same old--all female golfers only want pink. I like pink as much as the next woman, but I'd like alternatives as well.

Thank you.....I really love them! But I found it strange that I couldn't find a pic for posting..but they are identical :D

Back