How do you mark a hole in one,...

heyscuba

Banned
Reaction score
I was wondering how you should report, or mark a hole in one,...?
Do you use the actual yardage that the shot is,...?
Or do you use the tee markers and what's on the score card,...?
I.E; I got a hole in one on a 145 yard hole,... as for as the score card and the markers are concerned,... but the tee markers were in front of the 145 stone, and the pin was in front (greens measures to the center) so it played about 115-120 and I hit a sand wedge. (and it was down wind)
So, I reported the ace to the course pro who called it in to the news paper who printed it as a 145 yard ace with a sand wedge,... This is how I often reffer to it as, but when someone questions it, I give the details and they then get it,...
How do you do it,...?

scuba

Doesn't matter. No matter what we say you'll say it is wrong. Ask the USGA, maybe they can help you because it seems that we cannot. Have you ever decided that a hole-in-one on a Par 3 or Executive coursecounts as a hole-in-one, OFFICIALLY?

Lets keep it civil guys. We know that Scuba wants to debate.

Doesn't matter. No matter what we say you'll say it is wrong. Ask the USGA, maybe they can help you because it seems that we cannot. Have you ever decided that a hole-in-one on a Par 3 or Executive coursecounts as a hole-in-one, OFFICIALLY?

:banana:

I was wondering how you should report, or mark a hole in one,...?

scuba

Scuba, unfortunately I haven't needed to grapple with this conundrum. The closest I have come, is to have almost hit a 'hole in 3'. A couple of months back on a particularly dangerous par 3, I put my first one in the water beside the green. My '3 from the tee' second shot rolled inches past the hole on the left.

Helluva way to make bogey.

Scuba, unfortunately I haven't needed to grapple with this conundrum. The closest I have come, is to have almost hit a 'hole in 3'. A couple of months back on a particularly dangerous par 3, I put my first one in the water beside the green. My '3 from the tee' second shot rolled inches past the hole on the left.

Helluva way to make bogey.

If any bogey is good, it's one like that,...
I love bogeys,... I have to,. I get more of them than pars,...

scuba

Scuba

Every ace that I have had I just put a 1 on the score card. I would contend that the yardage shown on the score card for that hole would apply. The signed score card (by player and marker) is the official record. Just my 2 cents.

Back