River Islands, Kodak TN

bama

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 8.9
Played this course when I went to Dollywood with the family last week.
Course was rated in the Top 10 in TN in 05-06.
Very nice course..Great condition... Only managed a 91, but as you can see from the pictures, the course was none too easy....

Score: Bama's Score

Nice 190yd Par 3 across the water
IMG_6960.jpg

Another nice one across the water/swamp...These were everywhere
IMG_6962.jpg

Tradition after the 18th hole was to try and hit one across the river...Need to carry about 300 to get there...and no..I was not even close...You can see my driver over there getting ready to tee off from just above the green area.
IMG_6981.jpg

That looks like a fun track Bama. The par 3 looks kind of sketchy.

Tradition after the 18th hole was to try and hit one across the river...Need to carry about 300 to get there...and no..I was not even close...You can see my driver over there getting ready to tee off from just above the green area.

We need to get a bunch of internet driving distance guys there to do this! 90% can carry 300 yards easy.

I played this course about 5 years ago, and your right it is a tough course. I dont think I broke 100 that day. You should play Gatlinburg Country Club next time you are down there, it is a very nice course.

Cool review. Looks like a neat course.

So are you posting it as a 90 since you have to correct the 8 to a 7 on the par 5?

Beautiful pictures, love the look of that par 3.

I'm a complete idiot. I had invited bama to play with me there, and then got tied up away from the site, forgetting the date and not knowing bama had sent me a PM to set up a time. I'll be over here in the corner with my dunce cap on.

Anyway, I played this course yesterday for the second time with some friends in a best ball scramble informal tourney. Our foursome was four under for the round, and even that required some amazing saves by our "ringer". I think all of the par 3's but one are 175+ if you're playing from the white tees. The first one bama showed is a real intimidating hole. My tee shot felt spectacular, but ended up pulling hard left and landing about 5 yards offshore.

The course is under new management and is in really good shape. It's not cheap at $50/round plus the two sleeve of balls you WILL need. :)

So are you posting it as a 90 since you have to correct the 8 to a 7 on the par 5?

Beautiful pictures, love the look of that par 3.

ahhhh...you mean ESC???
That is a super good question....
Since I am not carrying a GHIN this year, and onl using OOBgolf, would you think it the required thing to do??
I dont care either way...just looking for a response....

I thought OOB automatically adjusted for ESC?

It does.

(I have mixed feelings about that. On one hand, it makes life easier. On the other hand, it prevents people from being forced to learn how to calculate ESC.)

If it adjusts for ESC, it is not doing a very good job.. (unless I have an option unchecked somewhere...)

I just checked and I have 3 holes (8's) over the last 5 scores which should be 7's. I double checked the course handicap and they shouild indeed be 7's..

hmmm

I am going to leave my scoeres as entered and let the best 10 of 20 (when I get there) be my stroke control....

bama

Back