Henry-Griffitts clubs

TheNewBrad

Who's ya caddy?
Reaction score
Handicap
Deceptive
http://www.henry-griffitts.com/

I have a question about these clubs. No, I'm not in the market for new irons. I was just curious about this brand because I've noticed that they don't seem to get discussed on web forums. A friend of mine used to have a set but has said that they were "terrible" (without accompanying reasons) & he sold them.

When I was being fitted for my Titleist irons earlier in the year, the club pro who did the fitting of clubs, initially, tried to shepherd me in the direction of Henry-Griffitts. He waxed on about how they result in a perfect fit & other 'off the rack' irons will never be as precisely matched as Henry-Griffitts (blah, blah, blah). It probably would be no surprise to anyone that he was sponsored by the company. Then I heard recently that the same club pro has just ordered a new set of Wilson Staff irons for himself.

That brings me to my question, have you had any experiences with, or do you have any thoughts about, these clubs?

The only thing I have hit from them is their 460 driver. It did NOT work for me. But nobody talks to much about custom clubs. Hence the reason nobody had heard of Dimension Z and I still think they make the finest custom fitted clubs out there.

I could be remembering incorrectly, but I seem to recall that Lori from Big Break: Ka'anapali played H-Gs.

Not that it makes a difference one way or another. That's just how I first heard of them.

EDIT: Yep.

http://www.thegolfchannel.com/24863/

241379.jpg

241488.jpg

Irons: Henry Griffitts 4-P
Wedges: Henry Griffitts 56°

A friend of mine who used to be the assistant pro at my home course used H-G irons. I never asked him what he thought of them, but to tell you the truth I thought they looked horrible.

couldnt tell you about anything HG except their blades. as far as i know, they make somewhat solid clubs. i personally would not pick them to have custom irons made, due to so many other "better" fitters/clubmakers. this year, the captain of my golf team who is a senior, got to play with his little brother on the team, who is a freshman. both are incredible players and they both play HG blades. i got to hit them, and even though they weren't fit to my specs and a little short, they felt decent.

Back