907golfer12

Makin a comeback!
Reaction score
Handicap
So I'm looking at getting new wedges since my Vokeys are just about done, they are SHOT!

I have heard a lot of great things about Scratch and their wedges, but I was wondering if anyone has hit them, or uses them. What was your view on them, and what was the spin like?

Next year I will be going to school in Eugene, Oregon and that is their HQ, so I figured I would find out stuff about them as I could probably get some deals there.

Thanks in advance!

I have hit them and they are solid. I have some issues with them on a different front but not with the clubs too much. But if I am looking at wedges, right now my two favorites are Miura and Nickent.

I have hit them and they are solid. I have some issues with them on a different front but not with the clubs too much. But if I am looking at wedges, right now my two favorites are Miura and Nickent.

Is Miura more expensive? I've heard they make a great product, but with Scratch I can customize the stuff which I like.

I really liked my Nickent blades.

Miura can customize anything. I really really like the Nickent Arc Blade wedges. My vokeys will be for sale in the marketplace here tomorrow.

Miura can customize anything. I really really like the Nickent Arc Blade wedges. My vokeys will be for sale in the marketplace here tomorrow.

I didn't know that, but I think I'm going to stick with Scratch since I can go to their HQ next summer and I think that would be beneficial.

Thanks for the opinion though.

Anyone else hit Scratch wedges?

I wanna try CHikaras! Yummy cool.

I have a few of the new Nike VR's, they are likely going to be my main players.

I wanna try CHikaras! Yummy cool.

I have a few of the new Nike VR's, they are likely going to be my main players.

Seriously dude? I told you, you get all the new clubs.

i also posted a thread about scratch a few weeks back, or maybe that was somewhere else. anyhow, i love their stuff and i think they are an elite company when it comes to clubmaking. BUT, the price is steep, and you have to pick a grind. at our level, being juniors, chances are that our swings will change a lot over the next few years. i point this out because dropping $200 bucks on each wedge with a certain grind seems like a lot, but then if you have a swing change or something of that nature, your wedges will no longer work for you. then again you could get a standard grind that is versatile. just my 2 cents

Reactions: JB
Very well said AK

why thank you

AK, I hear you, and I agree for the most part, but for me, my swing is just about "perfect," well for what I want, I have gone through the biggest part of my swing change which is why I'm considering the custom wedges.

I assure you that your swing will change dramatically over the next few years. That happens with growth

AK, I hear you, and I agree for the most part, but for me, my swing is just about "perfect," well for what I want, I have gone through the biggest part of my swing change which is why I'm considering the custom wedges.

plus, you are still physically growing...

Back