Adams Launches A7 hybrids and hybrid irons

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

Adams Golf introduces the latest offering of its industry-leading Idea franchise with the new Idea a7 hybrids and hybrid irons. Designed to be the future of irons sets, every club in the Idea a7 hybrid iron set has been individually optimized to fully integrate together and outperform traditional irons. Intended for mid-handicap players, the set features two tour-inspired a7 hybrids that deliver increased carry distance and extra forgiveness along with six carefully configured irons that maximize scoring potential. The Idea a7 hybrids may also be purchased individually.

The eight-piece Idea a7 hybrid iron set consists of a 3- and 4-hybrid, a hollow-back 5 transition iron and precision engineered scoring clubs in 6-iron through pitching wedge. The 3- and 4-hybrids take the best attributes from several generations of the Idea Pro hybrids to create a better blend of high-performance with forgiveness. Improved sole camber makes the Idea a7 easy-to-hit out of any lie and the rear-weighting increases carry distance. With a patented hollow-back design and a 13 percent thinner face, the 5 transition iron improves gapping between the hybrids and short irons, thereby increasing distance. Thinner top lines and sole widths for workability highlight the short irons (6-PW) that are designed for maximum scoring potential. These scoring clubs also feature dual cavity-backs and stabilizer bars for enhanced forgiveness and feel.

"By advancing the theories in club design through individual engineering and integration of each club into the next, we are proud to be offering what we believe to be the future of irons sets and a better alternative to anything currently on the market," said Chip Brewer, President and CEO of Adams Golf. "This new approach to designing iron sets should further strengthen our leadership positions in the hybrid iron category."

"With Idea hybrids ranking as the most-played on the 2008 and 2009 PGA, Champions and Nationwide Tours, the Idea a7 hybrids continue a tradition of our tour-tested designs being brought to all golfers," said Tim Reed, Vice President of Research and Development at Adams Golf. "When we heard the tremendous positive feedback and saw the great results from Tour players on the prototype Idea 'Peanut' hybrid, we knew we had to use the best attributes of that design in the new Idea a7 hybrids."

The stock shaft for the Idea a7 hybrid is the UST Proforce AXIVCore Black 85-gram graphite shaft. For the irons, consumers have a choice of either a True Temper Performance Lite shaft in steel or the UST shaft in graphite. All Idea a7 irons and hybrids are available in right- or left-handed models with shaft flexes of X, R, S or A. The eight-piece sets begin shipping to golf shops August 1 with a suggested retail price (SRP) of $699.99 for graphite and $599.99 for steel. The SRP for the individual Idea a7 hybrids is $199.99.

2007409.jpg

2007413.jpg

These clubs look great. I'm sold on getting rid of 3 and 4 irons for many players, and Adams is leading the way.

If I was buying a set of clubs today, the A4 would be at the top of my list.

All Adams hybrids look a like to me...they really do not make much in the way of changes, at least visually.

Also, the Speedline driver has already dropped to $199. Any idea if it was a hit or a flop in sales?

• Admin
The Speedline did very well in sales. It dropped in price when the next version hit stores.

I almost bought it...I was psyched about the Diablo and the Speedline, but neither were decent formy swing and needs. I do like the look of the speedline though and wanted to like it more.

Cant wait to try these out.

anyone know what that shaft is? Thinking that These could be primo for my aging game.

The stock shaft for the Idea a7 hybrid is the UST Proforce AXIVCore Black 85-gram graphite shaft. For the irons, consumers have a choice of either a True Temper Performance Lite shaft in steel or the UST shaft in graphite. All Idea a7 irons and hybrids are available in right- or left-handed models with shaft flexes of X, R, S or A.

Back