Status
Not open for further replies.

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
What golf ball do you play and why? I am playing back to playing my Titleist Pro V1x now but still experimenting again.

I play the Nike One Platinum ball, it seems to be a good balance between distance and spin for me.

• Admin
I found those a little TOO SPINNY for me, but the way my game is going lately, spin is the DEVIL. :)

I recently tried out the Wilson Staff Zip & liked them. I'm about to try the Bridgestone 330s because I picked up a few dozen at a good price. I've heard a lot of good things about this ball.

Taylor TP Black.

They're cheap for a 3 piece ball (I can get blemished balls for $15 a doz)

Pinnacle Gold Distance. They're cheap and I'm lousy.

For Christmas, my husband got me 15 personalized with, "water is a magnet." Number 14 went into the water on Sunday. :wilt:

Pinnacle Gold Distance. They're cheap and I'm lousy.

For Christmas, my husband got me 15 personalized with, "water is a magnet." Number 14 went into the water on Sunday. :wilt:

Claire-

You should try something softer. There are some decent women's balls that are still inexpensive:
TaylorMade Noodle+ Lady ($16/dz)
Precept iQ 180 Lady ($20/dz)

Pinnacle Ribbon Lady ($15/15 balls)

Srixon Soft Feel Ladies ($20/dz)

But if you don't want a "ladies" specific ball, there are some other "soft" balls out there, designed for men or women with slower swing speeds:
Wilson Staff 50 ($16/dz)

Nike Karma ($20/dz)

Callaway HX Pearl ($25/dz)

TaylorMade Noodle+ ($16/dz)

And you can get most of them personalized at Golfsmith. "Pitch and b*tch" perhaps . . .

I've been using the TopFlite Straight ball. It really works unless the wind's kicking in. Well, the last 2 boxes I bought were these. Still seem to be able to keep them from getting away from me on my approaches so I might keep using them.

Claire-

You should try something softer. There are some decent women's balls that are still inexpensive:
TaylorMade Noodle+ Lady ($16/dz)
Precept iQ 180 Lady ($20/dz)

Srixon Soft Feel Ladies ($20/dz)

But if you don't want a "ladies" specific ball, there are some other "soft" balls out there, designed for men or women with slower swing speeds:
Wilson Staff 50 ($16/dz)

Nike Karma ($20/dz)

Callaway HX Pearl ($25/dz)

TaylorMade Noodle+ ($16/dz)

And you can get most of them personalized at Golfsmith. "Pitch and b*tch" perhaps . . .

Ah, Harry--always looking out for me! :blowkiss: Golfballs.com for personalized balls. I'll mark your post or something so I can find it.

My better half plays the HX Pearl and the Noodle Lady. She really likes them both.

I play with whatever I have... I did that whole ball testing thing at the golf shop...They said Bridgestones are favorable for my swing but when your a 20 handicap I dont think it matters. I also play whatever I find in the woods, and if Craig Mac isn't looking I borrow Nike One Platinums from out of his bag.

claire, Thanks for the website for the personlized ball.

HA! Me too, I play Pinnacle.

Mine have a little pink breast cancer ribbon on them - I always know which ball is mine.

I get tired of the girly golf balls. As if it's all we care about. I let my eight year old put my initials on my balls--no way anyone could mistake them!

Happy to oblige, Jimmy.

Claire-

HA! Me too, I play Pinnacle.

Mine have a little pink breast cancer ribbon on them - I always know which ball is mine.

I get tired of the girly golf balls. As if it's all we care about. I let my eight year old put my initials on my balls--no way anyone could mistake them!

Those are the Pinnacle Ribbon Lady balls - $15 for a 15 ball box. A decent ball from what I've heard. I think the pink ribbon signifies that a portion of proceeds from the sale of the balls go to breast cancer charities.

Those are the Pinnacle Ribbon Lady balls - $15 for a 15 ball box. A decent ball from what I've heard. I think the pink ribbon signifies that a portion of proceeds from the sale of the balls go to breast cancer charities.

I know, I know. And that's all well and good. It just seems that the breast cancer people have this total monopoly on marketing, so it's the only disease we're supposed to care about it. More women die from heart disease than breast cancer. Heck, I believe Morgan Pressel's mom died of ovarian cancer (nasty one, that), and they've got her flogging the breast cancer thing (though she does ovarian cancer as well).

Not wanting to sound too cranky here. I just resent the implication that if I'm female, this must be my biggest health concern.

Claire,
You read my mind. It seems as if they do have the monopoly on the marketing.

Claire,
You read my mind. It seems as if they do have the monopoly on the marketing.

Josh, if you and I are thinking alike, you should be very worried.

:crying:
Get out of my head!!!!
I am getting worried.

Not wanting to sound too cranky here. I just resent the implication that if I'm female, this must be my biggest health concern.

Okay! Okay!

There are plenty of balls for you to play with.

The Noodle Lady is still inexpensive and even has some pink to match your bag.

I know, I know. And that's all well and good. It just seems that the breast cancer people have this total monopoly on marketing, so it's the only disease we're supposed to care about it. More women die from heart disease than breast cancer. Heck, I believe Morgan Pressel's mom died of ovarian cancer (nasty one, that), and they've got her flogging the breast cancer thing (though she does ovarian cancer as well).

I know what you mean, I've wondered the same thing - but at the same time, it's been a real good marketing job, and why should they be punished?

You know they have that Red Dress program now - that's been doing really well too, I'd say. :)

Try wearing a ribbon such as dark lavender - then you really feel unimportant.

(And I'll confess - I like the tiny thrill of seeing a flash of pink in the grass, especially when it's closer to the pin or the only one on the fairway! Hehe)

(And I'll confess - I like the tiny thrill of seeing a flash of pink in the grass, especially when it's closer to the pin or the only one on the fairway! Hehe)

Of course! I'm not often closer to the pin, but if there's only one ball in the fairway, it's mine.

Of course! I'm not often closer to the pin, but if there's only one ball in the fairway, it's mine.

You know it, hooray for ladies! A 300 yard drive means nothing if it's 300 yards into the woods! :wink:

You know it, hooray for ladies! A 300 yard drive means nothing if it's 300 yards into the woods! :wink:

Except it's nowhere near 300 yards in the first place.

Except it's nowhere near 300 yards in the first place.

That's what I'm saying - I'd rather have accuracy than distance!

Or do you mean the guys that claim they hit 300...they wouldn't be exaggerating that claim, would they...? :lying:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back