Most Exciting Putt You've Ever Made.

Johneli

Reaction score
Handicap
OK....all you have to do here is tell us about the one putt you've holed that stands out in your mind whenever you think of putts you've holed. The key here is the pressure behind that putt. A 60 footer with nothing on the line wouldn't count. But sinking a long one in a huge skin game would.Or perhaps in competitive structured event. Usually memorable putts are memorable because of the circumstances behind them.

So, I have to go all the way back to when I was 17 years old and was in the last group of high school teams vying to go to the state tournament. It came down to an eight footer uphill with a right to left break. If I make it...we go to state...if not...we stay home. My coach was chewing his nails. Long story short...I nailed the putt. We lost at state...but at least we went. Sad that I have to go that far back...but it's the one I remember most.

So please tell us about your most memorable putt.

I can tell you the most exciting putt I ever missed. That one was easy. Last year at my fathers member guest I had about an 8 footer to win our flight and missed it.

For one I have made, I am just not sure. I dont play in many events ever, so I am not sure I have made them. Made some with our normal group playing for money, but that does not make me nervous really.

I'll be honest - I get excited about any putt that's over 6 feet that goes in. It doesn't take a lot to make me happy on the golf course.

Most exciting putt ever for me would have to be the one missed and then made for par in my first ever playoff.

MY playing partner and I made par on the first hole.Second hole was a par 3 he missed the green and I'm sitting with a 12-15 footer for birdie. He chips up to 6 feet or so. I hammered my birdie putt 10 feet by.I can see him and his caddie chuckling.I said to myself it's not over till it's over and drain the putt. He makes his and we move on to the third hole which I then procede to win. YAhooooooo.

A tap in to win on my debut for our clubs team.It also won us the match overall

My first birdie putt the first time I ever went out and played

Most recently it was a 26' one to save par on a long par 3

OK....all you have to do here is tell us about the one putt you've holed that stands out in your mind whenever you think of putts you've holed. The key here is the pressure behind that putt. A 60 footer with nothing on the line wouldn't count. But sinking a long one in a huge skin game would.Or perhaps in competitive structured event. Usually memorable putts are memorable because of the circumstances behind them.

So, I have to go all the way back to when I was 17 years old and was in the last group of high school teams vying to go to the state tournament. It came down to an eight footer uphill with a right to left break. If I make it...we go to state...if not...we stay home. My coach was chewing his nails. Long story short...I nailed the putt. We lost at state...but at least we went. Sad that I have to go that far back...but it's the one I remember most.

So please tell us about your most memorable putt.

I had a very similar situation.

Last hole in a high school school tournament and I was tied with the guy I was playing against. He rolled his putt but missed and he tapped in for a par and I was looking at this 30-footer with a big sweeping right-to-left break.

Nailed it!

Making a long putt is always a great feeling, but making a long putt to beat someone is better than sex! :thumb:

-JP

In a horserace about 5-6 years ago. It was about a 6 footer down the hill and it took forever to get in the hole. We eventually lost in a playoff but that putt was awesome. Loads of people were cheering as it went in.

50 footer up to another level and back down to the same level it started, left to right about 15 ft, back of the cup for $95 in low accumulative par 3 total pool.

Last year...Par 5. On the green in 3. Have about a 45 footer. Double breaker.

Sunk it for my first ever birdie. God that felt nice.

This year, Par 5, drained a 30 footer for my first eagle. Bout a 5 foot break to the left.

My first eagle putt, with a left to right break stands out. However, I have a few multiple breaking putts that went in that I am most proud of. Those took some figuring to pull off. My take is that any putt has something on the line, even if it just a number on a score card. :clapp:

I was golfing with a buddy who always critiques my putting.If you saw his putting stroke you'd be amazed he ever makes one in.Anyway we get up to the green and my ball is about 35 to 40 foot from the cup.To make matters worse the greenskeeper is sanding the green because it had gotten too wet with the rain and watering.He's an old high school friend and apologized to me saying it shouldn't affect my putt. I agreed and say it problely wouldn't matter if he was throwing down gravel.There's about 6 other maintenance guys on carts,mowers and such watching him work,I guess learning what he wants them to do.They all are watching me as I step up to the putt.Well I couldn't beleive it..I put a good stroke on it and it rolls right in.Kinda made my day.

I made a 45 footer in a "closest to the hole" putting contest. (The prize was just a poster, but it was still pretty awesome as it was the first time I had ever been on a real golf course).

About 15 years ago when I was just out of high school I was playing with my dad's group of friends who played skins. I wasn't very good at the time scoring wise, but was capable of making a birdie or two each round so it was fun. Long par-3 with a big green. Hole was front right, my ball was back left. Downhill with several feet of break. I just hit it hoping to get it near the hole to save par. Rolled in with perfect speed, center cut. It took so long to get to the hole, that one guy in the group walked from one side of the hole to the other, squatted down, and put his ball down. It was the only skin on the back so I won $22.

I had one a few weeks ago which was about 75 feet. It was a 540 yard Par 5 hole. This was a huge green and the put was up hill and breaking right to left. The hole was cut about five feet onto the back of the green. I had to play a lot of break so much the the ball had to come close to going close to the frigne. I line it up and honestly was just going for the lag.

Well, I was using my SeeMore M-1 putter and lined it up as best I could. I made a solid strike, keeping my head down and after I raised my head I saw the ball rolling toward the fringe and it stayed on line, up, up the green and from my vantage point it looked like it went past the hole, but it broke sharpely left and the person tending the flag pulled the flag and the ball rolled gently into the hole for birdie.

What made this even more special was that this hole happens to be the turn at this course and you always have the "old heads" watching as well as people looking from the clubhouse. I made the putt and then the applause started and I could not help but take a bow.

10 footer to win 1 up in the Ryder Cup this year in doubles

its an annual match played against our rival/neighboring high school

Mine would be a couple of months ago and it was only for Par, but its the last hole of the day and I'm -9 and if I make it (4 footer) I have the course record at the club I work at. What makes it best is all day the guys I'm playing with keep telling me how far under par I'm and that if I keep it going I have the chance to break the course record.

Back