ING Skills Challenge 2008

MO_Hacker

At the drag strip
Reaction score
Handicap
DragRacing
Just a programming note for anybody that's interested. ING Skills Challenge 2008 will air tonight on the Golf Channel at 8pm CST. The guide says Jacobsen, Trevino, Creamer and Gulbis will be competing, should be fun to watch.

Reactions: JB
I have the Tivo set.

I saw that advertised last night but I forgot to set the DVR to record it. Hope I remember by the time I get home. Thanks MO.

For the most part I enjoy these until Jacobsen feels the need to steal the spotlight with his awful jokes that he has been using for the last 20 years.

I set my DVR too.

The commercials make it look like it might actually be good.

I dont think Jacobson and Gulbis are in it... the previews show Bubba Watson and I think Petterson. Creamer and Trevino are definately in it.

Confirmed:

Wednesday (Nov. 19) at 9 p.m. ET, GOLF CHANNEL will premiere ING Shot Makers Shootout, an entertaining skills competition showcasing the talents of golf legend Lee Trevino, LPGA Tour professionals Paula Creamer and Suzann Pettersen and PGA TOUR pro Bubba Watson. Hosted by Tom Abbott, Peter Jacobsen and David Leadbetter, the event takes pace at The Boulders Resort and Golden Door Spa in Carefree, Ariz.

I'm looking forward to it!

Meh. It was okay.

There was one brilliant comment by Trevino though.

Meh. It was okay.

There was one brilliant comment by Trevino though.

What'd he say Harry? My TV reception won't stretch that far.
283.gif

What'd he say Harry? My TV reception won't stretch that far.
283.gif

The event was teams, Bubba Watson and Paula Creamer vs. Suzann Pettersen and Lee Trevino, competing in various Big Break type challenges.

One was an up-and-down bunker challenge. Trevino had a long putt that he lagged close. Bubba Watson then had his putt that was near the same line as Trevino's and he asked Creamer how it broke.

Trevino interrupted and said "weren't you watching my putt?" (There was a lot of joking banter as is common in these events.) Bubba Watson replied "I wasn't watching. I didn't want to see that stroke." Without missing a beat, Trevino responded "That stroke won me six majors. You better study that stroke."

It was pretty funny.

Back