Claire plays the Precept Lady iQPlus

ClairefromClare

Give 'em Helen!
Reaction score
Handicap
Brazilian
We just knocked around for a few holes today, not even keeping score. I'm clearly not at 100%, so all of this is very preliminary. To say my ball striking was not at its best is putting it mildly.

I found this to be a very bouncy ball--the fairways were pretty soft, and this ball bounced forward for quite a ways. I liked that part.

What I didn't like was that I couldn't seem to get it airborne. Again, conditions were hardly ideal, but the ball didn't seem to have much air time, particularly compared to bouncing along the ground time.

My first reaction is this isn't a ball I'd want if I needed to hit it to a specific spot.

Next weekend, I'm playing three courses in three days on a girls' golf weekend, so I hope to be able to give the ball a fairer workout.

And oh my... it is very, very pink.

Looking forward to more of your thoughts when you get it tested further. I think once you are playing, you will not have trouble getting it in the air.

Yes, they are very pink, but just wait until one goes in the woods, you will be very thankful for your pink golf ball : ) I look forward to hearing your thoughts after your girls weekend.

Second time out with this ball. This time at a course in the Poconos, straight out of the '50s. Short and hilly. Interesting course. You'd have two or three routine, pretty easy holes and then whump! some crazy elevation change that left you scrambling. Plus it rained.

I liked the ball a lot better off the tee this time. Definite loft. Despite the rain, it continued to have a lot of nice forward bounce.

This time, I heard the mishits to which Diane referred--like a sharp, high-pitched ping. I also found it soft off the putter, and on this course, that wasn't a good thing. Crazy, multi-level undulating greens. I was afraid to hit the ball firmly for fear I'd fly off the green and afraid not to for fear I'd never get to the cup. My putting sucked.

Good details and thanks for the update. I love personal reviews.

Good details and thanks for the update. I love personal reviews.

Two more (different) courses this weekend! Hopefully the weather will get nicer.

Looking forward to it. I must say that I have also continued to play this ball, so the feedback means even more.

I've finally figured out why putting with this ball has made me nuts. I have a lightweight putter, and I tend to control the speed of my ball solely by the length of the backswing. That doesn't work with this ball. I'm finding that for anything outside of 3-4', I need to put a little muscle into it--the trick is finding out just how much muscle. I could get used to it and make the adjustment. I'm just not sold on the ball overall yet.

I've finally figured out why putting with this ball has made me nuts. I have a lightweight putter, and I tend to control the speed of my ball solely by the length of the backswing. That doesn't work with this ball. I'm finding that for anything outside of 3-4', I need to put a little muscle into it--the trick is finding out just how much muscle. I could get used to it and make the adjustment. I'm just not sold on the ball overall yet.

Thanks for the review Claire! I intend on using mine this weekend if the rain will pleeeeeaaase stop. We needed it here in Texas, but I'm over it since we've had about a week straight!

Thanks for the review Claire! I intend on using mine this weekend if the rain will pleeeeeaaase stop. We needed it here in Texas, but I'm over it since we've had about a week straight!

Any update Misty on your efforts and thoughts?

At my end-of-league dinner last night, the goody bags included a sleeve of these. I told everyone I want to collect their reactions to this ball.

I can't even imagine playing golf with a pink ball!:mad-tongue:

Is it a 2 or 3 piece ball?

I can't even imagine playing golf with a pink ball!:mad-tongue:

Is it a 2 or 3 piece ball?

Two piece, and last nights' balls were white. The pink was pretty distracting.

Two piece, and last nights' balls were white. The pink was pretty distracting.

You found the pink distracting? I kind of liked it. I loved being able to find it in the tall grass and in a stupid way it gave me confidence when teeing off. While I liked the pink, many felt the same way as you, Claire, and preferred the clear and/or white balls more.

You found the pink distracting? I kind of liked it. I loved being able to find it in the tall grass and in a stupid way it gave me confidence when teeing off. While I liked the pink, many felt the same way as you, Claire, and preferred the clear and/or white balls more.

GG - I had never played with a pink ball and it was a bit difficult to get used to, but once I did it was fine. I agree that it was easy to find when I went into the woods. I can see how it would give you confidence - it's bright, cheerful and just makes you smile - that's not stupid.

GG - I had never played with a pink ball and it was a bit difficult to get used to, but once I did it was fine. I agree that it was easy to find when I went into the woods. I can see how it would give you confidence - it's bright, cheerful and just makes you smile - that's not stupid.

Every time I looked down at that bright pink ball I had this "you can do it" moment.

Every time I looked down at that bright pink ball I had this "you can do it" moment.

I understand that completely. For some reason when I wear a golf skirt instead of shorts and look down at my skirt, legs and golf shoes - I feel the same way. Gosh - that sounds really stupid, but it's true.

no not at all. We all have things that boost our confidence and however it is done doesn't matter as long as you feel good about yourself.

I found a pink one the other day in the leaves (where else?), and decided to play it. I really like the ball. It feels hot off the club face, but without any harshness, it gives good distance without a lot of side spin, and has a nice feel off the wedges and putter. It doesn't spin like a ProV, but that's not what it's designed for.

you are exactly right DefCon. This ball isn't really meant to have spin it's meant to give more distance and to help with miss hits. It's great for people with slower swing speeds, which often times, are women.

you are exactly right DefCon. This ball isn't really meant to have spin it's meant to give more distance and to help with miss hits. It's great for people with slower swing speeds, which often times, are women.
And me too! LOL

Back