What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Today was 77. In the last few weeks I have developed a big fade and cannot seem to shake it. Made an appt to see my local club pro. Handicap has gone up 3 points or so in a month. This is getting ugly. But the 77 put me atleast back on track. :confused:

Weekend was full of golf...Saturday shot an 82 at Cypress Creek. Sunday I blew up an 89 at Williamsburg National - Yorktown Course. On Monday I played nine after work at The Hamptons Links Course and shot a 40.

Uggh 97. No big blow up holes but a bunch of sixes (7 of 'em). And you know, it really sucks when you commit yourself to punching back out to the fairway instead of trying to be a hero and your next shot after that you are still trying to punch out to the fairway because you hit the freakin' limb! I only did that about 5 times today.We got done in less than 4 hours though! So that was a plus. And my wife shot 100 (closest she has come to beating me). Not too bad for her first year. I really need to start shooting 85's again before winter gets here. My last 3 rounds haved SUCKED!

• Admin
Join the club. Since I joined this new club near me, My index has gone up almost 4 points.

87 at West Chase in Tampa. I played with JB, felt like I was playing pretty solid until the last two holes where I went triple-double. Just couldn't keep it together unfortunately.

A very ugly 93 at Arlington Ridge outside Leesburg FL. I could not do anything right today. I must have had 5 double bogeys and two triples, uggghh. At least my playing partners were very nice and made my miserable round enjoyable.

• Admin
39 on front 37 on back. 76 Total and that was with a double on 18. Overall, it was a good day.

• Admin
You guessed it sir. Otherwise I played good all around. Had no birdies again, it was just all tee to green and 2 putts.

I shot a 97 today, which is pretty good for my handicap.

Did some dumb stuff with the wedge on a few holes, not enough or too much spin up onto elevated greens and it rolled off. That cost me some strokes.

My new hybrids worked awesome today, I loved hitting them. The first few holes my putting was fantastic, but it fell into the same so-so routine with 1 putts on only 2 holes. I 3-putted 6 times, which shouldn't happen, I was catching a lot of flack from my brother and laughing while trying to line up (yeah, that's a pretty flimsy excuse, I know) One improvement over previous rounds: no 4 putts. All summer long I seemed to have at least one major blow-up where I just couldn't sink a putt.

I did chip for a birdie on #17, that was AWESOME!

I hit too many trees on wedge shots, costing me a number of strokes.

Final Tally:

15 Drives (yup, there's a 230 yard par 3 that I hit my driver on)

17 Iron shots

27 Wedge shots (100 yds and in)

38 Putts

2 Fairways in Regulation

4 Greens in Regulation

3 Par's (this is monumental)

1 Birdie (these hardly ever happen!!!!!)

I shot a 97 today, which is pretty good for my handicap.

Did some dumb stuff with the wedge on a few holes, not enough or too much spin up onto elevated greens and it rolled off. That cost me some strokes.

My new hybrids worked awesome today, I loved hitting them. The first few holes my putting was fantastic, but it fell into the same so-so routine with 1 putts on only 2 holes. I 3-putted 6 times, which shouldn't happen, I was catching a lot of flack from my brother and laughing while trying to line up (yeah, that's a pretty flimsy excuse, I know) One improvement over previous rounds: no 4 putts. All summer long I seemed to have at least one major blow-up where I just couldn't sink a putt.

I did chip for a birdie on #17, that was AWESOME!

I hit too many trees on wedge shots, costing me a number of strokes.

Final Tally:

15 Drives (yup, there's a 230 yard par 3 that I hit my driver on)

17 Iron shots

27 Wedge shots (100 yds and in)

38 Putts

2 Fairways in Regulation

4 Greens in Regulation

3 Par's (this is monumental)

1 Birdie (these hardly ever happen!!!!!)

Not bad bro, 3 putts are killing you!!!

81. played absolutley terrible. 40-41. ended up 10th in a tournament out of like 30 with a 2 day total of 160

Yeah, if I could sharpen up my putting, and quit blading crucial wedge shots, I'd break 90 quick (which is my goal by years end).

Time to hit the range and putting greens.

Yeah, if I could sharpen up my putting, and quit blading crucial wedge shots, I'd break 90 quick (which is my goal by years end).

Time to hit the range and putting greens.

Not that this is your problem, but I had a friend who couldn't break 100 and would 3 & 4 putt greens. My advice to him was spend an hour on a putting green every other day for 2 weeks, he came out and shot 96 the next round and gradually began to lower score just on his improved putting alone!!!

You ever try either of the sticks I sent you?

81. played absolutley terrible. 40-41. ended up 10th in a tournament out of like 30 with a 2 day total of 160

Welcome to my world. My index was at 0.9 four months ago, and now I cannot break 78.

i hear u man. im playing pretty poorly right now too.

38 on front
37 on the back.
All pars and 3 bogeys.

I was even through 7... the 7th was pretty dark

its starting to get dark very early here in New England... very sad

Shot 34 on the front. I was lights out with the putter.
Then 42 on the back. Basically due to a 9 on number 10. Its an easy Par 5 too.

I was even through 7... the 7th was pretty dark

its starting to get dark very early here in New England... very sad

Wait til tomorrow, it's gonna be worse . . .

And good round anyway JB. Sucks when those blow up holes are at the beginning of a nine; you're playing uphill the rest of the way.

Hubby and I managed to park both kids elsewhere and hit our goat track muni. Even without his slice, he can be frustrating to play with. Hubby's real sport is tennis; he just plays golf to keep me company. But he's a real natural athleter, so he usually outshoots me. Today we tied--I had two blowups and a bird.

The funniest hole was one where my putt was shorter, but almost in his line. I asked if I could just hole out, and he said, "sure--if you think you can." C'mon--a straight, two-foot putt? Of course I sank it. Two strokes later, Hubby missed his identical putt. :giggle:

Damn, I missed this thread. We'll I played 3 days ago at Baltusrol and shot a 93 in the wind, rain and hail. Some of the lousiest weather I've played in this yr on a tough course. The numerous three putts didn't help.:at-wits-end:

... Sucks when those blow up holes are at the beginning of a nine; you're playing uphill the rest of the way.

It's usually the last two holes that get me when I'm on a hot streak & getting prepared to record something special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back