What are you addicted to?

907golfer12

Makin a comeback!
Reaction score
Handicap
Like the title says, what are you addicted to? It could be food, TV, drinks, movies, music, anything BESIDES golf (I know crazy, but this is the OT board)

For me, right now I'm addicted to Lo-carb (Blue) Monster, the really really big can. The normal Monster just doesn't do it for me, tastes kind of wierd. And also McDonald's Bacon Ranch salads, its the only thing I eat from McDonald's. I have had salads from there, but haven't had anything else in 4 or 5 months, and I'm proud :D

Thought you might find this article interesting... It was from the Cincinnati Enquirer back in August.

From the Cincinnati Enquirer

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs...E07/808120301/

Energy drinks = monster problems
Teen athletes will find caffeine buzz short-lived
By Amy Howell • ahowell@enquirer.com • August 12, 2008

With names such as Vault and slogans like "Go Full Throttle or go home," caffeine-packed energy drinks conjure Olympic-sized feats of greatness.

Teens, looking for a quick energy boost or a competitive edge, are guzzling them.

Thirty-five percent of 12- to 17-year-olds say they consume energy drinks regularly, compared with just 15 percent of adults, according to Mintel, a Chicago market research firm. Mintel estimates the energy-drink market will reach $4.8 billion this year - a growth of 363 percent since 2003.

But as high school sports teams in Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky start sweating it out during intense summer conditioning, nutritionists, trainers and coaches are warning student-athletes that fueling up with energy drinks can deplete - rather than enhance - their performance. (Click on the link to read the rest of the story)

NCAA rules

High school athletes who are accustomed to drinking a couple cans of Monster a day may want to break their energy-drink habit before heading off to play in college.

High levels of caffeine and many ingredients in energy drinks' "power blends" are banned by the National Collegiate Athletic Association, and most athletic departments advise students to avoid the drinks entirely.

"We received a memo from NCAA over five years ago about not providing Red Bull to our students because it could cause them to test positive," says Maggie McKinley, director of compliance with the University of Cincinnati athletics department.

Caffeine is considered a stimulant - and a banned drug - by the NCAA, if the concentration in an athlete's urine exceeds 15 micrograms per milliliter. The concentration will vary according to each athlete's size and gender and how much caffeine he or she has consumed in relation to other foods and fluids.

Some other ingredients in the drinks - which may or may not be listed on the can - are banned in any amount.

"It's very easy to test positive because a lot of those drinks and shakes you get over-the-counter aren't regulated by the FDA, so nobody's requiring them to put all the ingredients on the label," McKinley says.

One such stimulant, synephrine, is found in Speed Stack and Ripped Force drinks by ABB, and the Worldwide Extreme Thermo Rush drink.

The NCAA's full list of banned substances can be found at www.ncaa.org/wps/ncaa?ContentID=283.

Amy Howell

Clicked the link and the article didn't show up. But that was a very interesting read, thank you. I did not know that you could test positive from drinking energy drinks. But the good thing is I do drink Monster 4 or 5 times a week, but it's only once a day, but I could stop. Heck I have stopped energy drinks before :D

Camel lights, Keurig coffeee maker, and guitars.

Keurig Coffee Maker, Nespresso Espresso Maker, Fine Wine, Good food, this site...

Yep. the single cup one. I love the bold ones, Coffee People are my favs.

Seriously dark chocolate, Stilton cheese, good in-your-face red wine, vintage port. But not necessarily all at the same time.

Also addicted to the elliptical machine, so I can indulge in the other addictions!

Coffee, eating out at nice restaurants, playing cards, golf and football. I'm not sure if these are really addictions but I sure do enjoy 'em.

I am pretty much addicted to THIS.

Anyone else?
happydrunks.gif

Boo Girl saw the title of this thread and announced that I'm addicted to her. I guess so.

Dent,
The double cheeseburger from Mcdonalds is a guilty pleasure of mine. I can eat about 4 of them and then kill myself 4 hours later for doing it, but they taste so good.

Lately, Cheetos.

Coffee, eating out at nice restaurants, playing cards, golf and football. I'm not sure if these are really addictions but I sure do enjoy 'em.

Need to add 24. Can't wait til January.

Reading. I read a ton. Sometimes 3-4 books a week, plus magazine articles, internet articles and more.

Good food. I like to cook when I have time, and can do so quite well.

i have a bad habit of staying up for a long time lately. like i used to go to bed around like 10 or 10:30 cuz of school, but lately its been like midnight. its really annoying too cuz i am always so tired but i just cant bring myself around to going to bed when i should

...crack

Dent,
The double cheeseburger from Mcdonalds is a guilty pleasure of mine. I can eat about 4 of them and then kill myself 4 hours later for doing it, but they taste so good.

EXACTLY! I know exactly what you mean.

My actual favorite meal there right now is a Big Mac Meal, plus an extra double cheeseburger on the side to just top off the burger crave.

Smilies (or, Smiley's).
nana.gif
3stooges.gif
beavisnbutthead.gif

Coulda been worse--he didn't say crystal meth.

Or am I seriously missing something here? :confused2:

Yes, I tried to insert a picture of plumber's crack. Didn't work. Life is tough when you're barely computer literate.

Back