• Change year to year

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No tree for me

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

julie_m

EveryoneLovesACallyGirl
Reaction score
I always had an artificial tree growing up, but now, not having much storage room, I'm considering my first modest live tree. Who does this? Any tips for a first timer?

I have never had a live tree. Ever.

I have known people who did have live trees though. Only advice I can give you is not to build an igloo and bring some of the old Christmas tree into the igloo to make a fire. It goes up FAST! Good thing we only brought a small branch in! LMAO

(Hey we were a couple of stupid kids, leave me alone!) On a side note, the fire was so hot it immediately started melting the roof of the iggloo and it was basically raining inside of it!

Just make sure you keep it well watered and pick up all the needles that fall off. Don't smoke around it.
images

Only advice I can give you is not to build an igloo and bring some of the old Christmas tree into the igloo to make a fire. It goes up FAST!

Right, I know not to toss them into the fireplace but...I'll watch my igloo, Smally, thanks. :snowman:

I always had an artificial tree growing up, but now, not having much storage room, I'm considering my first modest live tree. Who does this? Any tips for a first timer?

I know alot of people that buy live trees and bring it home and place it in a stand. They don't even place it in water. Not a wise thing to do, drys out in know time.

Make sure you check water level often. Depending on how dry the tree is and your area, it may soak it up rather quickly.

We do artifical of late, Mikey hates the clean up mess.
1222_hot_and_sweating_smiley.gif

But whenever I had a live tree I always put an aspirin in the water container....for some reason it helps, but don't know why. Kind of like when you get the powder packet when you buy fresh cut flowers.....:confused2:

Always, always live trees. But sugar, not aspirin, in the water.

The house is 92 years old, with radiators. The sucker dries out in less than a week. But live trees are the only way to go.

We've only ever had an artifical tree.

When my wife and I get a house the first christmas we are going to have a live tree.

We are going back to a live tree this year, couldn't find time last year to go get one. I really prefer live, strangely enough I find it easier to get rid of the real tree than take down the artificial one.

For my family it varies from year to year. It depends on when we are putting the tree up. My birthday is December 13th, and sometimes, for some odd reason, my mom feels bad if she puts up the tree before my birthday, but I really don't care. In the years that we put it up before my birthday it a real tree, but in the years we put it up after my birthday it's usually artificial.

Growing up we always had a real tree and they smell great but it is a lot of work and they do make a huge mess.

Right after halloween JB and I bought a fake tree. I have been waiting since then to put it up, I can't wait for Thanksgiving so I can cook a turkey, watch some football, and put up our tree and decorations, I love the holidays. :snowman:

Back