Wilson Staff Product Line for 2010

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release
We will have unboxing pictures of new Wilson Staff equipment up today.

Building on nearly a century of designing, engineering and developing state-of-the-art golf equipment for every skill set, Wilson Golf proudly announces its 2010 lineup from Wilson Staff, Wilson Golf’s premium line of professional golf equipment. Wilson Golf remains the most prolific manufacturer of irons in the world, with 61 Major championships won with Wilson irons, more than any other golf company in history.

Player Profiling Simplifies Product Offerings
To help with trade positioning and consumer understanding, Wilson categorizes its Staff product lines into three player types: F Player, C Player, and D Player.

The F (Feel) Player is a skilled golfer looking for Tour-caliber performance. The new Wilson Staff FG Tour family delivers on these attributes and includes:
• the FG Tour iron, a cavity-back forged iron played on the PGA TOUR
• the FG Tour golf ball, a multilayer urethane golf ball that is the softest urethane ball on the market
• the FG Tour glove featuring ultra-thin, premium cabretta leather.

The C (Control) Player is an improving player looking for tour-inspired designs coupled with game improvement technology. The C family includes:
• the mid-size Ci9 iron, the third-generation Ci iron that follows in the footsteps of Ci6 and Ci7, both winners of the prestigious Golf Magazine ClubTest iron of the year award
• the C:25 golf ball, a low-compression multilayer golf ball featuring excellent distance and optimized spin from inside 150 yards
• the Conform glove, a premium cabretta leather offering breathable mesh for improved comfort and an innovative i-Pure wristband with negative ions for improved body performance

The D (Distance) Player is the largest player grouping. This player is looking to hit the ball longer and straighter and relies on game improvement technology to address swing flaws. The D family includes:
• the powerful Di9 iron, a Hot List winner featuring low and deep weighting and patented wide-tip shaft technology that prevents twisting on off-center hits
• the breakthrough D-FY combo iron set, a fully integrated fusion of irons and hybrids optimized with proprietary Half-and-Half shaft technology that combines the best attributes of steel and graphite in a single shaft
• the D:25 golf ball, a low-compression 2-piece golf ball that delivers maximum distance and total performance in a low 60-compression design.

Wilson Golf also announces the new FYbrid HS, a re-engineering of its revolutionary FYbrid series introduced in 2008. The FYbrid HS, or heavy sole, series combines fairway woods and hybrids to eliminate redundant clubs and support long-range distances. Improvements include a new heavy sole that lowers the center of gravity by seven percent and moves it 11 percent deeper into the head of the club, resulting in higher launch and stronger ball flight.

The innovative lineup of Wilson Staff's 2010 equipment will be available in fall 2009 and consists of the following products:
- Wilson Staff FG Tour forged irons
- Wilson Staff Ci9 midsize playing irons
- Wilson Staff D-FY iron and hybrid combo set
- Wilson Staff Di9 game-improvement irons (now available in women’s options)
- Wilson Staff FYbrid HS (heavy sole) fairway utility clubs (available in men’s and women’s options)
- Three new golf balls: FG Tour golf balls, C:25 golf balls and D:25 golf balls,
- All-new 888 series putters in five distinct and classically styled shapes

All new Wilson Staff equipment introduced for 2010 will meet the USGA and R&A’s new groove standards which will go into effect Jan. 1, 2010, for Conditions of Competition for Elite (Tour) Play.

I've been looking at the Ci's. If they are what they claim to be it sounds like a good set of irons for the money.

• Admin
We just got the new Ci9's in today. We are taking pictures today and will have them up shortly.

I'm curious to see the Ci9, it's going to be tough to beat the Ci7...

• Admin
merged two thread about the same content.

JB - Have you tried the FG Tour Golf ball yet?
My local golf shop pro gave me a sleeve, as he knew I was doing some ball testing, and I thought they were great! Nice soft feel, and quite a bit of spin. I didn't notice any kind of distance loss either. I'm reserving total praise at this point... I've only got to play 9 holes with them so far and my driver and 3 wood won't be here until Wed. But so far I'm impressed, I can't believe I was looking down at this golf ball and was reading Wilson Staff. I'll try to do a thorough review in the next week or two when I get the chance to fully play these balls.

• Admin
I have not. They were suppose to have them to us a few weeks back, but we have not seen them as of yet.

Back