First snow of the year

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
We are getting snow showers right now; we're actually forecast for 0.15" of rain today through midnight, so any snow we get is melting right away. But tomorrow we are supposed to get 0.3" of snow only theough noon. None will probably stick though, as the ground will still be wet from the rain and is probably too warm for it to stick anyway. But still, it's snowflakes coming down. Other than that, it really doesn't count since it's not staying.

Snow sucks, at least this year I have 4WD to get me thru it. They predict 25" total for us this winter. (I think they expect 2 decent snowfalls and a few others throughout the winter). If we get that, it will be more than we've had for a few years. Come on Al, where's this global warming nonsense you keep bringing up!? Bring it on! Year-round golf is what I am shooting for!

Its 72 degrees here and Golfer Gal is out at the course. Of course later is UF vs FSU. My boys are going to get killed and my fiancee went to UF. Truly a HOUSE DIVIDED. Wow, I just pulled a Claire and threadjacked this.

We are wayy ahead of you smallville, Our first snowfall was Nov 6th.

We had our first a couple of days before Hallowe'en. None since, thank goodness.

It should just touch the 80s today and will be about 85 tomorrow when I go golfing. Im ready for some cold, this summer thing is driving me nuts.

It should just touch the 80s today and will be about 85 tomorrow when I go golfing. Im ready for some cold, this summer thing is driving me nuts.

I'm thrilled to finally live somewhere warm! Winters in Minnesota lasted from October to May.

You golf all year long people really tick me off! LOL

Wish I could do the same.

me too smallville. i can play all year round, but that gets as low as like 15* weather and its always dark in january and february. i think it is supposed to snow here like wednesday or so. jb i'm pulling for uf too man, sorry. being born in miami, technically the canes are my team, but seeing as they haven't been too hot, i have to go for florida

What is snow?

And go Noles!

What is snow?

Ditto TCT.
ocau.gif

Think of it this way, Small--people who have summer all year long never get to use a fireplace.

Think of it this way, Small--people who have summer all year long never get to use a fireplace.

I don't think there's anywhere in the 48, at least, that gets no winter. Our fireplace is lovely...but it was 55 and cold rain here today. I just won't miss snow. :wink:

No snow here yet...

I'm contemplating golf tomorrow, it's supposed to be a high around 58. I fear however I'll spend my day putting up Christmas lights.

Riain predicted for tomorrow, and it's the last day for the muni. Sigh.

It's 10:00. It's snowed all day, Nothing stuck. It helped that it stayed above freezing all day, even now it's 34. Tomorrow supposed to be colder. (Hope golf season isn't over ).

Claire, I don't get to use a fireplace either! I don't have one!

You cursed us, Small! We woke up to freezing rain. It should be raining for real this afternoon. Meanwhile, I hope I can get the car up the driveway this morning (when there's real snow around here, our driveway is the neighborhood sled run).

Sorry for jinxing you Claire, and I wasn't even rooting for ya! LOL
And JB, yeah, WHATEVER! Hehehehe

Well it snowed all night and is still snowing now. It stuck, but not to the streets. We got maybe 3/4 to 1 inch total.

first2008snow1.jpg

first2008snow2.jpg

first2008snow3.jpg

That is too bad. Pretty, but too bad. Its 70 here today and sunny.

What do you do with the dogs when it snows? Do you leave them outside when you go to work or would they freeze?

I'm glad we got out to play on Friday. Who knows when we get our next chance? It's supposed to warm up to close to 55 on Tuesday but be cold again by the weekend.

Back