Big Break X - Michigan: The good, the bad and the ugly

Golfgal

Fanatic
Reaction score
Handicap
I know that Clint Eastwood's movie is overdone everywhere (including my blog :)), but it fits so nicely with all the Big Breaks and Highway 18 shows.

So let's review each episode each week and decide...
What was good?
What was bad?
And what was too ugly for words?

This week...I asked the contestants what they thought and shared them on my blog with my own views from time to time.

What's your take?
Gayle

Welcome. I will take a look at the blog tonight. I enjoyed your other interviews.

Gayle-

So glad you are here. I dig your weekly interviews of the BBX competitors on your blog. The inside dirt is priceless. IT makes the whole show even more interesting.

It does make the show more interesting.

One improvement I noticed about BBX over previous seasons is the quality of the swing videos for each competitor on the Golf Channel website.

In addition to a better video player with clearer video, for each player they have both a driver swing video (facing and down-the-line views) and a "holes" swing video that shows the player's swings on one hole, tee-to-green, including putting.

For example, here is Camilla's performance ( <--clicky-clicky ) on a par 4.
And here is her driver swing. ( <--clicky-clicky )

EDIT: Did anyone else notice how David and Sally kept calling each other "Baby" and "Honey"? His profile lists him and married with 3 kids and her as single. And his description of her is "Smoking hot babe." Hmmmm.

Great Videos

I love Camilla's driver swing.

Six minutes til we find out who got booted.
Catch you all back here in an hour!

Gayle-

So glad you are here. I dig your weekly interviews of the BBX competitors on your blog. The inside dirt is priceless. IT makes the whole show even more interesting.

Ah...you're such a charmer Harry! :)

Tonight was fun eh? Well, except for Andrea and James. :skeleton::crying: I really thought they would last a lot longer. I hope Andrea will continue with the interviews like Tina Miller did. She interviews very well and I really like her spunk. I tried to catch her up last week with all the talk about James still having unresolved feelings for her, but she dodged it well.

Michael and Sherri were like a different team tonight. Remember Michael last week - one man in overdrive on the road to disaster. Andrea called him "Meltdown Mike" in her interview - LOL! This week (one day later for them), he was the ultimate team player. Quite the transformation. I always enjoy his interviews, however. He's so forthright and honest.

I also got to chat with Amber tonight to get the BMW Zone view and tomorrow I'm going to talk to Haymes and Sally D. Sally is in this week's Remax Long Drive World Championship - she made it to the semi-finals. I hope she goes all the way. I'm looking forward to her thoughts on this week (I won't ask her about her shank last week - not fair on a first interview :wink:)

Any questions you'd like for the contestants? I can't make these up all by myself guys...help me out here!

Gayle

I thought Casey's shot over the wall was great! Sure did take a lot of suspense out of the challenge since they went first though.

Looks like Sally came "this close" to winning the long drive last night. When I looked at the live scoring, she and the winner were tied after the first leg, but unfortunately, they must have had a tie breaker because the winner ended up in the finals, not Sally.

Oh well...it's great she got that far - in top 4 from 24 players.

Did you know she was 75th in the LPGA money list at the end of 2000? Not too shabby - fully exempt status. But she had to give up golf due to an elbow injury. I wonder how she belts that ball so far. I'm going to have to ask her the secret to long drives - I could sure use the help.

Golfgal

I want to say officially that I'm envious of my North American golf colleagues who have a dedicated golf channel they can watch with shows like Big Break X.

Down here, we get golf tournaments on the cable general sporting channels. Other than that, we have weekly dedicated show about golf hosted by Brett Ogle (who used to play on the PGA tour) which I watch religiously. [also on cable] http://www.foxsports.com.au/shows/golfshow

But I do salivate at the thought of a Golf Channel.

Big Break is on in two minutes!

See ya'll in about an hour.

Bye-bye Rachel and Otis. Sad to see you go. Really wanted that putt to drop, and then have you send the other team home.

Otis really let Rachel down tonight. He putted terribly!

The best part was when Robby broke the glass twice with one shot.

What was good?

David's over the shoulder comments to the camera slay me. But my boyfriend thinks he's obnoxious. (That makes me love D just a little more. :wink:)

What was bad?

Not sure why all the men started the chipping challenge, and most of the women didn't even have to compete. What's up with that?

I really could've done without the Amber crotch shot.

Ugh. I can't stand David.

How can someone be aggressive and passive-aggressive at the same time?

And that was bad why? :banana::blob::guitar::twist::drool::banana:

That's the brilliance! He's an amazing character study. I just adore how he thinks the camera is there just for him.

What was good?

David's over the shoulder comments to the camera slay me. But my boyfriend thinks he's obnoxious. (That makes me love D just a little more. :wink:)

What was bad?

Not sure why all the men started the chipping challenge, and most of the women didn't even have to compete. What's up with that?

I really could've done without the Amber crotch shot.

Yup...have to agree on all counts. In my interviews tonight I had to ask Amber about the "men first" thing. I was a bit surprised by her comment. And then Michael had a few things to say about the David/Sally drama - looks like it's about to get "interesting" (sounds like a Chinese curse).

I'll add Haymes, Andrea and Sally tomorrow to the blog. I'm really curious about what Sally thought of the whole day and the way the GC edited it (did they go out of their way to make Dave look as bad as he did?)

As for camera angles...let's leave that alone - no point encouraging the men to rewatch the episode just for that!

Gayle

I was really hoping to see David and Sally go home. If the GC is going out of their way to make him look bad, they are doing a helluva job. Apparently even the host thinks he is "obnoxious" (as seen in the clip for next week).

Otis should be ashamed of the way he let Rachel down, she made a great shot in her match with Sally. Of course Otis had to open his mouth with a comment about her dad, here's an idea, keep your mouth shut and make some shots.

Otis stubbed his...you know.. on both his putts. that's why they say"putt for dough", he didn't do that.

Ugh. I can't stand David.

Maybe a Jekkyl and Hyde perhaps?

David was in on the interviews this week and he plays the villian very well. It sounds like his behavior was "encouraged" by some GC producers.

And it would appear next week will be even better (or worse?)

Hey Mr. Smallville...

You wouldn't be plagiarizing my observations on another forum, now, would you? Or is that another "Smallville?" :angel:

Back