JMay14

Reaction score
Handicap
I just got fitted and ordered my Mizuno MP-25's. I will say that I am very impressed with my local Golfsmith club fitter. He had me try 4 different shafts that Mizuno offers and found that the DG S300 was the shaft I hit best. They also gave $400 trade in for my Mizuno JPX EZ and Callaway X2 Hot driver. Best of all they let me keep my current irons until my new ones came in so I could still play golf of I wanted to. Will post pictures when I get them. Sooo excited.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the new sticks.

looking forward to your review after you have a few rounds in. Love the look of those

congrats

Congratulations on the new sticks,nice choice on a set.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

That was a good thread, I read a lot of reviews before I even test hit the clubs

Great looking irons! Congrats on your new clubs!

Sweet! Did he have you try the Shaft Optimizer or did he just switch shafts and look at the #s along with your feedback?

Did you try the mp15s before this and if so how do they compare to the 25s?

He didn't use the optimizer, he used the Gc2 launch monitor. He switched shafts compared to my distances and swing speeds

I did try the MP-15, I felt the MP-25 were lighter and smothers, though it was probably all in my head, I fell in love with the MP-25's after my first swing

Did you try the mp15s before this and if so how do they compare to the 25s?

15's seem to have a bit more of a click to them a la AP2's. Not as loud as AP2's, but that's the only thing I can think of to compare it to. MP-25's felt very smooth and more of that solid "thwack" type sound you get off a lot of CB irons.

Biggest difference was the finish. MP-15's are more of a polished chrome finish, while the MP-25's are brushed and look so dang good. The finish on the MP-25's is top notch in my book (not a fan of chrome or overly shiny finishes), and I'd pick them over the 15's just because of that.

Performance wise very similar for me.

Congrats on the new MP-25 sticks.
The Pro shop I go to already has two of the MP-15 sets trading back in, and setting on the used rack.

15's seem to have a bit more of a click to them a la AP2's. Not as loud as AP2's, but that's the only thing I can think of to compare it to. MP-25's felt very smooth and more of that solid "thwack" type sound you get off a lot of CB irons.

Biggest difference was the finish. MP-15's are more of a polished chrome finish, while the MP-25's are brushed and look so dang good. The finish on the MP-25's is top notch in my book (not a fan of chrome or overly shiny finishes), and I'd pick them over the 15's just because of that.

i noticed that sound in the 15s when I hit them earlier this year. I don't recall that sound from previous mizuno irons. I like the look of the 25s but next to the 15s I lean towards the 15s. I am going to hit some 25s next time at the range.

You are right about the finishes. The MP-25 finish looks amazing! I like the brushed look so much better also. I am actually looking to get the Sun Mountain tour series bag. Brand new clubs deserve a brand new bag.

You lucky $&@! enjoy!

Does anyone have any opinion of what Mizuno wedges are best?

I love the look of these irons, perfect head size and shape, brushed finish and not too busy. I like the sound of the technology too, I'm hoping to get a set of these in the new year matched with some Vokey SM6 wedges all with KBS C-Tapers - pure!

They look like the 850-F's, don't they???

How do they compare to the 850-F's...are they more or less forgiving???

Less forgiving, but not much. In between the MP-64s and the 850F.

I don't think they look much a like IMO. They will be less forgiving than the 850 forged. The MP-25 are cavity back blades.

Back