Bridgestone e6 Harry Longshanks Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Harry Longshanks review of the new Bridgestone e6 golf balls is now up on our home page. Give it a look when you get a chance.

I still have about 40 older "e5s" to go through, plus another 20+/- "TF Strata Tour Soft" balls to go through (in addition to a few others) before I look at any newer balls.

Just a thought with all these different balls for different players, have any of these manufacturers ever thought about making available a "variety box" of these various balls? Might not be cost effective, but it would allow some players to try out various balls for just one price, and perhaps make a decision on playability by comparison.

• Admin
I still have about 40 older "e5s" to go through, plus another 20+/- "TF Strata Tour Soft" balls to go through (in addition to a few others) before I look at any newer balls.

Just a thought with all these different balls for different players, have any of these manufacturers ever thought about making available a "variety box" of these various balls? Might not be cost effective, but it would allow some players to try out various balls for just one price, and perhaps make a decision on playability by comparison.

its funny you mention that prov. I spoke to Bridgestone about this very thing last week. While they think it is a good idea, in their minds it goes against the marketing of this ball. Being that each type of ball is made for a different type of player.

I see their point, but to take it one step further, they should also know that there are a lot of these "different type of player(s)" who do not know what kind of player they actually are. What about the player that spends $20, $30, $40 or even $50 dollars for a dozen balls based on advertisement, and finds the ball is not much good to them. A ball that is not good for the player to use, migh just cause that player to paint the entire product line as not playable for them. Perhaps some day....
its funny you mention that prov. I spoke to Bridgestone about this very thing last week. While they think it is a good idea, in their minds it goes against the marketing of this ball. Being that each type of ball is made for a different type of player.

• Admin
That is why they offer ball fittings for free is my thoughts.

Are most balls sold in sleeves of 3 so that you can try them out?

• Admin
yes they are Diane.

Harry,

Did you test these out with your R9s and what is your 6i and driver swing speeds? I'm thinking of using the R9s with the e6 and was wondering if your results would be similar to mine given the same equipment combination.

Harry,

Did you test these out with your R9s and what is your 6i and driver swing speeds? I'm thinking of using the R9s with the e6 and was wondering if your results would be similar to mine given the same equipment combination.

I did use the R9s and e6s together. Also used the e6s with my i5s. Similar results. Like I said in the review, they won't stop a 50 yard slice/hook, but they will go several yards straighter.

No clue on my swing speeds. I just demo stuff until I find the one that works for me.

I have been using the e6 for about 7 months and have found them to be an excellent ball that has helped me straighten my hook enough to matter. Combine this ball with some lessons about 4 months ago (ongoing still) and I have seen dramatic improvement. My drives have seen the most improvement and I am now in fairway far more than I used to be. I really credit this ball for the part it plays.

I have been using the e6 for about 7 months and have found them to be an excellent ball that has helped me straighten my hook enough to matter. Combine this ball with some lessons about 4 months ago (ongoing still) and I have seen dramatic improvement. My drives have seen the most improvement and I am now in fairway far more than I used to be. I really credit this ball for the part it plays.

Are you using the e6+ or the new e6 that came out this week? Both are great balls.

I just found a couple of older e6 balls today. I think they fit my needs too. Can't wait to try them out.

Back