PGA Tour bans golfers from playing fantasy sports

These sites will be no more by the end of 2016. It's like those micro auction sites that were everywhere a few years ago that are just now a shell of themselves before everyone figured out it was somewhat rigged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with the policy.

It makes sense, if I was a Tour Player, this wouldn't bother me at all.

Doesn't bother me in the bit. Not a big deal

Spoiler alert - they're just banned from golf-related fantasy sports.

That makes perfect sense. I'm honestly surprised it wasn't already a rule.

Makes complete sense to me, I have no problems with it.

Agree with it as well. Other sports are fine IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Want to gamble? Then gamble. What's the big deal?

Whats the issue here? If Player A enters a $100 competition on a DFS site, is he going to punt a few hundred K on Sunday because he has Player B in his lineup?

Want to gamble? Then gamble. What's the big deal?

Whats the issue here? If Player A enters a $100 competition on a DFS site, is he going to punt a few hundred K on Sunday because he has Player B in his lineup?
No but it is the optics of it.
On the other hand say the player did have himself and knew he was going to WD on 17. He could be entered in a ton of heads up matches 1k and up. If his opponent had said player he could WD on 17 which wipes all the points from the round to 0 compared to WD after he finishes 18 and the points stay. Same with if he was playing someone in heads up matches he might have the chance to miss a putt on Friday to let players he has make the cut since Daily Fantasy golf making the cut is the most important thing since you get 2 more rounds of points.

Obv all of this would be unlikely to happen but there are some big money heads up games going on that could easily be affected.

I agree. Not a big deal.

Back